Singapore Expats Forum

How Long Until I Am Let Back In After SVP Expires?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jesseavinet

How Long Until I Am Let Back In After SVP Expires?

Postby jesseavinet » Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:59 pm

Hi!

I am extremely worried. I came to Singapore to find a job on October 11th. I was allowed to stay 30 days. I extended my stay for another 30 (Dec 10th or 11th) because I was unable to extend for another 60 days (I need either immediate family here or to stay here for medical reasons). I went to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority a few days ago and they told me that doing a visa run for 5 days (and subsequently being let back into the country) is subject to approval - clearing not relying on that method. How long will it be until I am able to come back into Singapore if all else fails? Months? Weeks? Is there even a set time limit? How will I even know?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 9:13 am

A previous 'rule of thumb' posted was to be out of the country six months for every three months you stay. Assuming no other concerns about you by ICA.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 6:40 pm

The whole point of a STVP is that it's meant for short term! If you intend on using it to extend yourself to longer term by coming in and out, then anything could happen, the ICA are not daft, and they don't publish what they are looking for in people coming in and out, that would be stupid!
nutnut