Condo mgmt agent dispute - recourse?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 12 Nov 2012 4:01 pm

In our condo we're, the agent told us that if ever condo management asks us to pay for 200 SGD for anything, to not pay for it and tell her (and the owner first). Apparently, they've done it before and has successfully intimated some poor renters off's several hundreds.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 12 Nov 2012 5:58 pm

nakatago wrote:In our condo we're, the agent told us that if ever condo management asks us to pay for 200 SGD for anything, to not pay for it and tell her (and the owner first). Apparently, they've done it before and has successfully intimated some poor renters off's several hundreds.
Well there you are.
Now I'm called PNGMK

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 8:54 am

Personally I'm very interested to know what the outcome for OP. It has been more than 48 hours (and over the weekend) since the incident and I guess something would have resolved by then.