Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 1:22 pm

joannajane wrote:I just suddenly thought… I submitted my PR application in May with the support of my company and also had a testimonial from my boss. He's since moved on from the company… will this affect my application at all?


My 2 cents is that, your boss changing company would not affect your application. Whatever letter he has given that time is just a testimonial about your work.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 9:44 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
joannajane wrote:I just suddenly thought… I submitted my PR application in May with the support of my company and also had a testimonial from my boss. He's since moved on from the company… will this affect my application at all?


My 2 cents is that, your boss changing company would not affect your application. Whatever letter he has given that time is just a testimonial about your work.


Thanks for the advise :) Will just sit back...

Happy_Angel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 21 Nov 2013

Postby Happy_Angel » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 1:25 pm

Any update?

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:23 am

Well I finally heard back. I've just checked online and it's 'Rejected'. I will need to wait for my letter to figure out if I have any chance or getting it in the future or not… *sigh*. A bit upset.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:29 am

Is it worth it to appeal? A friend said someone told her they've most likely run out of the 'looser' quota for the year. So she's going to appeal in the hope that we have a better chance early next year. I guess I'll just have to wait for the letter though.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:57 pm

Any thoughts? I still haven't received a letter and am reluctant to email.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear about it. I guess, try again after couple of years. Its funny you mentioned "looser" quota(whatever that means). The first time I read it as "loser" quota. Thats an apt name for a very special race. :lol:

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 3:46 pm

Wd40 wrote:Sorry to hear about it. I guess, try again after couple of years. Its funny you mentioned "looser" quota(whatever that means). The first time I read it as "loser" quota. Thats an apt name for a very special race. :lol:


Haha... well I *suspect* they are more receptive to ang mohs at the beginning of the year? Who knows. Nevermind lah, I shall await my fate that arrives with the letter! Hopefully I can try again in a few years!

vinothkanna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 02 Dec 2011

Postby vinothkanna » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 3:53 pm

joannajane wrote:Well I finally heard back. I've just checked online and it's 'Rejected'. I will need to wait for my letter to figure out if I have any chance or getting it in the future or not… *sigh*. A bit upset.


How did you check it online anyway? any link?

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 3:55 pm

vinothkanna wrote:
joannajane wrote:Well I finally heard back. I've just checked online and it's 'Rejected'. I will need to wait for my letter to figure out if I have any chance or getting it in the future or not… *sigh*. A bit upset.


How did you check it online anyway? any link?


Google. You will find it.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:20 am

Me again!

So it's been about 2 weeks since I found out online that I'd been rejected. I still haven't received a letter. As I said, I moved halfway through (but did update ICA), so I've no idea where it could be.

How long does it normally take? I know I need the letter to appeal and I'm reluctant to do anything but sit and wait. I know desperation is not a good trait. But I'm kinda twiddling my thumbs here!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:52 am

joannajane wrote:Me again!

So it's been about 2 weeks since I found out online that I'd been rejected. I still haven't received a letter. As I said, I moved halfway through (but did update ICA), so I've no idea where it could be.

How long does it normally take? I know I need the letter to appeal and I'm reluctant to do anything but sit and wait. I know desperation is not a good trait. But I'm kinda twiddling my thumbs here!


My 2 cents : Appeal is not going to help unless there has been vast changes in your application like moving from Q1 to P1 pass, have a new educational qualification which is in great demang ,etc

Good idea would be to wait for 1-2 years, upgrade your skills in between, show that you are patient and willing to wait and apply again. Good Luck !

u4ria
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 30 Jan 2009

Postby u4ria » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 6:53 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick update from our end.

After a long wait for appointment with ICA, we have finally submitted our applications last week :) The officer who looked through our applications told us that it could take between 1 - 6 months of processing time.

Fingers crossed.

yogaloungeforever wrote:one of my earlier posts made mentioned of a friend who got her PR after 1 month of apps. her role wasn't director and she was on EP. but her salary prob was the express trigger point. that said, why not give it a shot. quite a number of m'asian (chinese) peeps i know got their PR in a relatively short time. that too, with salaries nearly 90% of what she earns.


u4ria wrote:Hi all,

Firstly, hope joannajane doesn't mind me tagging along this thread to ask about my chances of successful PR application. This forum has been a great source of information on Citizenship, PR and Passes applications.

I'm currently on a PEP which is valid until 2015. I've been living in Singapore for the last 4 years. My profile is as follow:

Nationality: Malaysian
Highest Education: MBA
Marital Status: Married (wife is a degree holder)
Job Title: Director
Salary: Exceeds current PEP salary requirement

Thanks.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Postby joannajane » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:33 am

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Thanks for your feedback singaporeflyer. I agree to a certain extent however I'm interested to know if there is a time limit for an appeal? I still haven't received a letter, despite being rejected online about 5 weeks ago. I emailed on the 9th December and they replied a few days ago, saying they'd send another letter. I'm out of the country for the next 2 weeks, so even if I wanted to appeal I couldn't.

The end of year review has been in my favour, however it's not significant enough to move to P1 level just yet.

I also realised I forgot to include my CEI certificate in my application! Which is a qualification required to work in my field here in Singapore. Is there a limit on how long after a rejection you could appeal?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:55 am

joannajane wrote:Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Thanks for your feedback singaporeflyer. I agree to a certain extent however I'm interested to know if there is a time limit for an appeal? I still haven't received a letter, despite being rejected online about 5 weeks ago. I emailed on the 9th December and they replied a few days ago, saying they'd send another letter. I'm out of the country for the next 2 weeks, so even if I wanted to appeal I couldn't.

The end of year review has been in my favour, however it's not significant enough to move to P1 level just yet.

I also realised I forgot to include my CEI certificate in my application! Which is a qualification required to work in my field here in Singapore. Is there a limit on how long after a rejection you could appeal?


If I remember right, within 6 months...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests