Singapore Expats

How to "scrap" your motorbike after COE expired ?

Discuss about COE and how you can make a good decision in buying your next vehicle.
Ben80

How to "scrap" your motorbike after COE expired ?

Post by Ben80 » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:39 am

Hi
My motorbike's COE going to be expired soon.
I dont want to renew or to sell it, since the bike's condition is so poor.
( a 20 years old Honda CG125 )
I heard that you have to "scrap" it.
So where, how, and how much to do that ?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 9:47 am

A lot of second hand dealers will help out. They calculate how much the rebate (if any) is using onemotoring.com.sg and then decide if they'll pay you for any 'body' value. In the case of your old bike you're probably going to have to give it to a dealer for free. Make sure you get the paperwork to say they've taken it over.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:46 am

offshoreoildude wrote:A lot of second hand dealers will help out. They calculate how much the rebate (if any) is using onemotoring.com.sg and then decide if they'll pay you for any 'body' value. In the case of your old bike you're probably going to have to give it to a dealer for free. Make sure you get the paperwork to say they've taken it over.
Or - go to onemotoring.com and follow the instructions. http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/o ... hicle.html

shanky

Post by shanky » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 5:01 pm

If you don't want the hassle of towing Ur bike to the scrap yard or doing all the work, just call up any dealer and ask if they can scrap it for you. These dealers probably takes most of the parts from ur bike and will tow it to the scrap yard themselves. I scrapped my kips last year. I didn't pay anything. Just signed the paperwork. They'll even come to your place andtakethe bike.

zhizhong07

Post by zhizhong07 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:51 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:A lot of second hand dealers will help out. They calculate how much the rebate (if any) is using onemotoring.com.sg and then decide if they'll pay you for any 'body' value. In the case of your old bike you're probably going to have to give it to a dealer for free. Make sure you get the paperwork to say they've taken it over.
Or - go to onemotoring.com and follow the instructions. http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/o ... hicle.html
Yes, agreed, do it yourself because the agent will charge you if you go to them

jlee620

Post by jlee620 » Tue, 23 Jul 2013 3:56 pm

I remember there are scrapyards who will take the motorbike. I think in the West or North. Just ride there with the correct paperwork and they will take it in. Here is some info:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/sh ... rap-a-bike