Singapore Expats

LTVP : has to stay and wait in Singapore until approval ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ben80

LTVP : has to stay and wait in Singapore until approval ?

Post by Ben80 » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:22 am

I am a PR, and plan to apply for an LTVP for my wife.

I found this LTVP info on ICA website :
For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable when the current valid pass is accumulating to a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of pass.

Is this means that my wife has to wait and stay in Singapore until the application processed and approved ? ( max 6 weeks, with a chance to pay $40 for an extention )

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 6:50 am

Which is more important? And LTVP for your wife or savings $40 dollars? Why don't you tell your wife that, see then if she still wants the visa.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ben80

Post by Ben80 » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 8:31 am

I am sorry, actually its not about the $40
Its about the "staying in singapore until approval", which means my wife has to sacrifice her jobs etc.
Again if the question asked , she would still choose to come to singapore, only that we have to pay the risk.
Thank you.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 9:05 am

Ben80 wrote:I am sorry, actually its not about the $40
Its about the "staying in singapore until approval", which means my wife has to sacrifice her jobs etc.
Again if the question asked , she would still choose to come to singapore, only that we have to pay the risk.
Thank you.
I hope you do know that LTVP holders are NOT allowed to work. So what about the 'jobs' that she will be sacrificing since she won't be able to work in Singapore under LTVP anyway?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 9:45 am

Why does Singapore let in people like the OP? No wonder the Sinkies are starting to hate us.
Now I'm called PNGMK