Singapore Expats Forum

22/f/uk looking for new friends.

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
josephine89

22/f/uk looking for new friends.

Postby josephine89 » Tue, 06 Nov 2012 7:54 pm

I've lived in Singapore a little over a year but I'm having trouble settling in and I still get quite homesick. I'm friendly but I'm a bit shy and I can take a little while to warm up.

If you think you might have anything in common with me and you're in your early twenties please send me a message :)

hollyr

Postby hollyr » Tue, 06 Nov 2012 9:53 pm

hiya ive just moved here, im from the uk too, 24/f. im loking to make new friends. what do you like doing? and where do you like going in singapore?

josephine89

Postby josephine89 » Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Holly,

Welcome to Singapore :) I like a lot of different things. Yoga, playing ukulele (albeit badly), reading, cinema, eating & drinking to name a few. How about you?

At the moment I'm working week ends so I don't get the chance to go out clubbing much. I generally prefer bars to clubs anyway, although Home Club is good and plays Indie music which I like. After Christmas I'll be working Monday to Friday and my schedule should free up (yay!)

hollyr

Postby hollyr » Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:23 pm

thank you :) ukulele! thats really unusual! i like going swimming and eating and drinking. haven't heard of Home Club will have to try that. thats annoying having to work weekends, i work monday to friday at the moment . but if you wanna do something that isnt clubbing or out all night im up for it..

Faithx

Postby Faithx » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:51 am

hello~ i've been here for quite a while, i'm from Malaysia, 21/m. im interested to make new friends, and I fully understand the part on feeling homesick :( Anyway, I am fine with any activities, just keep me posted? I'm still new to this forum so can't pm, if possible drop me a pm with ur email/contact so we can arrange this? thx.

Rach_89

Postby Rach_89 » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:45 pm

Hi all, I've been here about 1 month. I'm 23/F and am slowly getting to meet people but would certainly love to meet more! I'd be up for any activity - maybe a casual dinner or something?

hollyr

Postby hollyr » Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:59 pm

heya, ok thats good we should organise something, im trying to make enough posts so I can pm people...

hollyr

Postby hollyr » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:00 am

are people free this weekend?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:11 am

I'm planning on Pitch Perfect for Saturday...and my good friend Kikeo is planning on rock climbing...visit my thread tomorrow for the full details on the movie, and slight details on Climb-Asia rock climbing...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

cloeangel

Postby cloeangel » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 6:37 pm

Hi I'm 23/F from France but originaly from the UK i've been here for 2 weeks now and up to meet some people ... so PM me i'll be really happy to meet new people !!Cheers for now

Mari14

Postby Mari14 » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 8:37 pm

Hi, I'm a Japanese girl who just turned to 25. I've lived here for one and a half year.Recently all of my friends went back and now I'm interested in meeting new people..so keep me posted! Thanks :)

Rach_89

Postby Rach_89 » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 9:41 pm

I'm free this weekend if people are keen. I don't think I can PM though... Maybe just post your email on here?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 9:49 pm

@Cloe: Come on by for this weekend...my good friend Kikeo is French, so you could probably hit it off nicely for starters. Maybe not for Pitch Perfect, but for rock climbing.

@Rach89: Bad idea...for women anyway...anywho, you just post one more time, and you can PM after that.

@Mari14: Hi, maybe you would like to join my group?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

peach5757

Postby peach5757 » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:14 pm

Hey guys! I am 23/f from HK, been here for a month! interested in meeting more new friends:) please keep me posted, or u can email at peachsg1022@gmail.com (im a newbie here, couldnt pm you guys...:p)

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Postby MitulP » Fri, 09 Nov 2012 2:12 pm

Hey.

I'm 27 from London and been here a few months now. Always looking for new faces to hang out with and go out.

My email is mitul001@hotmail.com - send me a message if you fancy catching up any time.

I work in the city and live near East Coast.

Cheers,
Mitul.
27/M from London. Here to meet people.