Singapore Expats

PR rejected from the person who was born in Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
louisokkkkk

PR rejected from the person who was born in Singapore

Post by louisokkkkk » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 5:03 pm

Hi all,

I hear that one of my friend which was apply PR for his son .First time he help his son to apply PR which his age only 20 years old .The earlier tenant threw away the letter that ICA sent dated on Nov 2011 and Dec 2011.He told me that the earlier tenant did not received the letter of ICA .As a result , he was not informed and did not submit the documents as required by ICA to process the application . He also contact ICA in December 2011 and was given the reply that it was in process .It did not occur to him that he missed out the letter of communication until he called again in January 2012. He was advised to check the inquiry for the status and was shocked to find out that the case has been withdrawn.
He is apologetic of the negligence of his part in the change of mailing address to have missed out such an important mail. Hence, he really seeks assistance of ICA to reconsider the application .His son was born in Singapore and has the intention to serve the NS in Singapore being born and bred here. His son very much would like to attain the citizenship having grown attachment to a place that he is born in.
He visited ICA twice in January 2012 and February 2012 to seek clarification on the matter due to the urgency of the issue .The advice from the officer is that they are unable to review the case of his son date Jan 1991.Hence, he is over 21 years old as of February 2012 and no longer able to apply PR.
Now his son working as Production coordinator holding E pass for 5 months .The assistance of ICA told him that work 6 month then reapply the PR. So, his son reapply the PR was on Aug 2012. As the result , his son could not get PR. On the Oct 2012,the letter has received . It show that rejected and inform him to resubmit the application for them consideration in 2 years time?
Country born : Singapore
Pass : Now holding EP
Age: First apply PR was 20 years old (sponsor) —Withrawn , Second apply PR was 21 years old ---Rejected
Work exp. : Work in Singapore for 7 months
Job : Production coordinator
Education level : diploma from Malaysia, now continue study degree course (part time)

All the Simple states below:
Aug 2011—The sponsor help to apply PR (under 20 years old) for his son, which was born in Singapore
Nov 2011—Call ICA for the status which the result pending
Dec 2011—Call ICA for the status which the result pending
Jan 2012— Call ICA for the status which the result withdrawn
Jan 2012--Apply Status withdrawn (over 21 years old)
Feb 2012---Go to Parliament to look for MP (Appeal letter for PR)
Feb 2012---ICA regret to appeal his letter
Mar 2012---arrived in Sg
Mar 2012--- EP pass work as Pro. coordinator
Aug 2012 ---Reapply PR
Nov 2012--- Rejected . As the result, the ICA ask him to re-submit in 2 years time.

In this case , what should he need to do which he was born in Singapore also could not get his PR. Please help to command on the above matter? Thank You

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 5:32 pm

He missed his chance at the beginning of this year ago and has been advised to reapply in two years' time. So that's what he should do; what else are you expecting us to tell you?
Be careful what you wish for

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:54 am

I'd suggest he work on his skills and ties to Singapore in the meantime and re apply in two years. However - given the drubbing that the PAP took in the last election over immigration I'd avoid the 2016 period for PR applications.
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:14 am

Just because someone is born in Singapore does not give him any special rights. Also, the fact that he waited until he was 20 is even more reason for ICA to reject him. I think that they are being nice (but not nice). He has been rejected and it's probably going to be final, truth be known.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 12:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just because someone is born in Singapore does not give him any special rights. Also, the fact that he waited until he was 20 is even more reason for ICA to reject him. I think that they are being nice (but not nice). He has been rejected and it's probably going to be final, truth be known.
True. The Singapore constitution is actually pretty specific on this.
Now I'm called PNGMK