Singapore Expats

Problem in license conversion

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 5:26 pm

They probably figure that the Indian drivers license is like the Indian masters degree. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 6:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They probably figure that the Indian drivers license is like the Indian masters degree. :lol:

heh try to get a singaporean driver to drive a 20 ton lorry through a busy market in India through a 15 ft road and reverse it into a loading bay
The indian driver will do that talking on the mobile phone with the radio on at full blare and smoking a beedi
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 7:47 pm

I hate the smell of beedis. My BiL smokes the damn things. fortunately I forbid smoking in my home. But I still smell the damned things when I walk out of the house.

Oh, I agree, but driving a 20T lorry is child's play. Now if you had said driving a Prime Mover with only a 20' short wheel based trailer I might be impressed. (My US license allowed me to drive anything with wheels under it.) ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 8:49 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:They probably figure that the Indian drivers license is like the Indian masters degree. :lol:

heh try to get a singaporean driver to drive a 20 ton lorry through a busy market in India through a 15 ft road and reverse it into a loading bay
The indian driver will do that talking on the mobile phone with the radio on at full blare and smoking a beedi
I am not sure. The track drivers in Singapore are actually the only local class of the drivers that can drive.