Singapore Expats

EP rejected. Meet MOM?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:04 am

bapobear wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:...
Now now. How about putting out the comparison between you and the PRC girl data in here? Your age, race, nationality, etc, vs hers. Let's say, if you are 30+, while the PRC girl is not even 23, I will say "That's why."

Hmm fair enough. Lol i am 25 she is 22.
Oh, that may be the 'That's why' ;)

just kidding :D

bapobear

Post by bapobear » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 4:35 pm

ecureilx wrote:
bapobear wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:...
Now now. How about putting out the comparison between you and the PRC girl data in here? Your age, race, nationality, etc, vs hers. Let's say, if you are 30+, while the PRC girl is not even 23, I will say "That's why."

I think thats why.

I have provided info above. If i am totally not qualified i wouldnt be so confused. But if my new colleague is qualified, and the other cases i heard, why am i not? Thats just sth confusing me as i really dont know what to do anymore.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:15 pm

bapobear wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
bapobear wrote:

I think thats why.

I have provided info above. If i am totally not qualified i wouldnt be so confused. But if my new colleague is qualified, and the other cases i heard, why am i not? Thats just sth confusing me as i really dont know what to do anymore.
Pretty strange. She held food nutrition diploma, you held something which is related to building, and both of you work in something like kopitiam. Well, if I use a "simple diagram", kopitiam = mostly food, not concrete or something else which is inedible.

I still don't get a clear picture :P
"Budget Expat"

bapobear

Post by bapobear » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 3:21 pm

v4jr4 wrote: Pretty strange. She held food nutrition diploma, you held something which is related to building, and both of you work in something like kopitiam. Well, if I use a "simple diagram", kopitiam = mostly food, not concrete or something else which is inedible.

lol. well i just used kopitiam to describe an industry which most singaporean will not join.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 3:35 pm

Which means he hasn't given us anything to go on.

So bapobear, why did you bother to post in the first place? Everything you have given us is like trying to pull teeth from a chicken. You still have not told us what industry. You hem & haw and beat around the bush. Until you are straight with us, it's pretty hard for us to take you seriously, truth be know. Being cryptic doesn't help us OR you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bapobear

Post by bapobear » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Which means he hasn't given us anything to go on.

So bapobear, why did you bother to post in the first place? Everything you have given us is like trying to pull teeth from a chicken. You still have not told us what industry. You hem & haw and beat around the bush. Until you are straight with us, it's pretty hard for us to take you seriously, truth be know. Being cryptic doesn't help us OR you.
what can i say..? you dont even bother to read my thread. all info was given in my posts. the longest thread i have ever wrote. you just dont like me eh?
actually i only wanted to ask what is the chance of succeed by meeting the officer. it just turn out to be a digging info thread. u dont like me right? or dont like reading?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:53 pm

Chances of meeting an officer especially if you go together with the HR manager of the company applying for your EP are probably pretty high but in your case I would rather avoid this kind of move.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:54 pm

READ THE FOLLOWING
bapobear wrote:
v4jr4 wrote: Pretty strange. She held food nutrition diploma, you held something which is related to building, and both of you work in something like kopitiam. Well, if I use a "simple diagram", kopitiam = mostly food, not concrete or something else which is inedible.

lol. well i just used kopitiam to describe an industry which most singaporean will not join.
No, has nothing to do with liking or disliking you. I don't even know you. But read the above. We STILL don't know what industry you work in. What can you say? Say what we need to advise you. Yes it's a digging info thread when the poster hasn't apparently got enough common sense to answer our questions so we can try to help. If you don't want help, just say so, instead of being so obtuse.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:54 pm

Hey bapobear, forgive my bluntness, but please grow up for crying out loud. You came here looking for advice and we provided what we could, given the details you provided. Fundamentally we tried to explain that meeting an MOM officer and expecting them to explain their reasons for rejecting an application by a potential employer is not something that would be likely to have the outcome you desire. The reason for asking for more details is that it might enable some of the regulars here to help you. If you don't want to do that, then fair enough, but don't expect us to try to figure things out from the cryptic clues you gave above.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:58 pm

Damn! Talk about a Broadside Barrage! Well, he asked for it. :roll:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 5:05 pm

:wink: Well I think our OP just needs to understand that there is a willingness to help people who post here, but they need to be clear about what they are actually asking, and provide as much relevant detail as possible.

Resorting to "you don't like me" tantrums doesn't help at all. As you say, why should we dislike him when we haven't even met the fellow? :???:

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 6:18 pm

bapobear wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what kind of industry that most Singaporean won't join. But consider this scenario: in an architecture company, a PRC guy/girl with diploma in architecture and low salary, compared with a non-PRC guy/girl with diploma in IT. While we can say the IT guy/girl may do something related with architecture (let's say, playing with Auto-CAD), but that's an INDIRECT hit. Logically, I believe the approval rate is higher for the PRC guy/girl cause the title is a DIRECT hit.

Now, don't be shy. Even if you're offered lower than a local package, like for example, a cook. Cryptic posts won't work on anyone :wink:
"Budget Expat"

bapobear

Post by bapobear » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:READ THE FOLLOWING
bapobear wrote:

No, has nothing to do with liking or disliking you. I don't even know you. But read the above. We STILL don't know what industry you work in. What can you say? Say what we need to advise you. Yes it's a digging info thread when the poster hasn't apparently got enough common sense to answer our questions so we can try to help. If you don't want help, just say so, instead of being so obtuse.
obtuse? seriously? i had given every info even my age. was being nice and trying to share a bit here but apparently you dont like it. it is difficult when the readers do not even bother to read every word and just with a whatever attitude and think all the problem is with the OP. oh well now i am being obtuse.
you dont have to advise me anything. actually i had made it clear what my question was and actually some guys did advise already. it just became info digging after i shared my story. so i really dont know what is your problem and what do you want to advise me. it really put me in a very difficult position what do you want from me?!!!! can i curse?

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:27 pm

Let's make it a clean cut.
bapobear wrote:It is degree. I studied and work related to building, which is like kopitiam industry
bapobear wrote:lol. well i just used kopitiam to describe an industry which most singaporean will not join.
You can start with clarifying what's this "like kopitiam industry". I still can see Singaporean doing labor jobs.
"Budget Expat"

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:23 pm

So, bapobear, back to the original point you raised. Did you attempt to meet an MOM officer to ask about the rejection, and if so, what was the outcome?