Singapore Expats

Employer Filed Police and MOM complaint

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 10:19 am

taxico wrote:i'm no immigration expert, but i don't think running off on a job is something you go to jail over (taxes... i'm not so sure, although i think it's no biggie, better safe than sorry - so pay up).

wouldn't it be easier just to email/write in to MOM (and IRAS) and seek clarification if there are any criminal charges/legal procedures against you?
I know for a fact, those who do runners are not favoured by MOM, though I know exactly only one person who got back here, on a 5 figure salary, having done a runner when she was on a 4 figure salary ..

All others, about 10 or so - who just disappeared as they got fed up or got stressed or simply wanted to leave Singapore - when they applied for another job, all were rejected ..

And the lower you are in the food chain, the higher the chance of the past record working against you .. as I figured ..

The issue is the smaller the company, the more they react, for obvious reasons - when a person does a runner and the employer has to figure out how to pay fines and all .. unlike larger companies who take a more gentler view .. the latter have larger pockets right ??

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:12 pm

ecureilx wrote: I know for a fact, those who do runners are not favoured by MOM, though I know exactly only one person who got back here, on a 5 figure salary, having done a runner when she was on a 4 figure salary ..
Not paying taxes is in majority of the country a criminal offence with a good potential of putting you behind the bars so no wonder.

On a different subject, are you waiting for some kind of exclusive personal invitation to join us on the gathering?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:22 pm

x9200 wrote:Not paying taxes is in majority of the country a criminal offence with a good potential of putting you behind the bars so no wonder.
So it is, in Singapore .. I know one of my former colleagues was issued an arrest warrant ..

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04_ektid116.aspx

What hurts the employer is, when the foreign employee scoots off, and the employer has to foot the bill .. as per law ..
x9200 wrote:On a different subject, are you waiting for some kind of exclusive personal invitation to join us on the gathering?
Just juggling my sched - am due to depart that weekend to visit my In-Laws. Will confirm soon .. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 3:13 pm

aiyoh, you have to juggle a chance to be abused by us with the chance to be abused by your Mother-in-Law? That should be a no-brainer! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 3:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:aiyoh, you have to juggle a chance to be abused by us with the chance to be abused by your Mother-in-Law? That should be a no-brainer! :lol:
Our squirrel is a glutton for punishment. :lol:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."