Singapore Expats

Is there K-Mart or Wal-Mart like stores in Singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:16 am

Fair enough, to clarify, no parking issues with the huge Makuhari branch which is like Changi Business Park in that it's away from the city center.
nakatago wrote:
Brah wrote:And BTW, there were no such parking issues in Japan
:wink:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:20 am

Brah wrote:This sounds a bit like flip-flopping, I thought you were saying you would want one of these kinds of stores, but I must have misread that.

It would at least be good to have the choice whether or not to go.
It was a tongue in cheek rant. Blame it on the guy I got stuck behind going 1km/h the whole way through the car park at Novena yesterday.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:25 am

I do not think Costco is suited to be situated in city center. More on the outskirt where density is lower. How is the parking in SG shopping malls? I usually take public transport when I am back. But on the rare occassions I go on car, parking seems tough. One time at People's Park, there was absolutely no parking spot after checking out several garages. My sister had no choice but park illegally knowing it will cost her $50 in fine ????? What is up with that?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:29 am

earthfriendly wrote:I do not think Costco is suited to be situated in city center. More on the outskirt where density is lower. How is the parking in SG shopping malls? I usually take public transport when I am back. But on the rare occassions I go on car, parking seems tough. One time at People's Park, there was absolutely no parking spot after checking out several garages. My sister had no choice but park illegally knowing it will cost her $50 in fine ????? What is up with that?
Just to update you.

Parking in shopping malls in Singapore is a suicide mission. You go round and round and still unable to find a spot. And you play the staring game with the other driver while both of you wait for another car moving out of a lot.

Worse, in Plaza Singapura, if you accidentally opt to turn out of your spiral tube, just to find that there is no parking lot, you have to go all the way down before you can go up and try again.

:x

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:37 am

The staring game :o . How do you decide who wins (get the spot)?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:47 am

earthfriendly wrote:The staring game :o . How do you decide who wins (get the spot)?
The one who decides to quit staring and dive right into the lot!

:lol: :cool:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:56 am

LOL !

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:13 am

Of course, if it was a woman driver, then after taking the spot, she ensures all her doors are locked and then makes at least one phone call, checks & replies to her sms's and touches up her makeup (even though she did all of those things while driving before parking!) just to make sure the losing driver goes on his/her way without causing a scene. (provided she didn't have an accident in the parking lot (that's statistically, where women have the most accidents).
:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... brake.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Chris2019

Re: Is there K-Mart or Wal-Mart like stores in Singapore?

Post by Chris2019 » Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:44 pm

Does anybody know where I can buy H2O2(3% or 6%) in Singapore? I couldn't find around here (Leonie Garden). Thanks!

x9200

Re: Is there K-Mart or Wal-Mart like stores in Singapore?

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Jul 2019 6:52 am

Chris2019 wrote:
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:44 pm
Does anybody know where I can buy H2O2(3% or 6%) in Singapore? I couldn't find around here (Leonie Garden). Thanks!
Guardian/Watson