Singapore Expats

Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
AngMohWez

Dating in Singapore

Post by AngMohWez » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:35 am

Hey guys,

So I might have an opportunity to work in Singapore so I am in Singapore at the moment just checking it out doing some research etc.

I want to get an expats view on dating in Singapore?

Personally I am a 23 year old Caucasian, is meeting white girls difficult, I hear the dating pool can seem small?

I don't mind dating asian girls either, I'm quite attracted asian girls and I've even dated an asian girl back home, but it seems like generally local girls aren't very interested in western guys, am I right?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:51 am

Go to a mixed expat/local club and see. It's all about your own attitude.

If that's not your thing, try a free dating site like OkCupid. You can see right there if the locals are interested in foreigners or not.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 12:59 pm

I'm sorry to say but your entire stay in Singapore will be marked by 100% celibacy. ;)
Now I'm called PNGMK

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Dating in Singapore

Post by the lynx » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 3:13 pm

AngMohWez wrote:Hey guys,

So I might have an opportunity to work in Singapore so I am in Singapore at the moment just checking it out doing some research etc.

I want to get an expats view on dating in Singapore?

Personally I am a 23 year old Caucasian, is meeting white girls difficult, I hear the dating pool can seem small?

I don't mind dating asian girls either, I'm quite attracted asian girls and I've even dated an asian girl back home, but it seems like generally local girls aren't very interested in western guys, am I right?
We had a lengthy discussion about a Caucasian sussing out dating life in Singapore. OP was also in your position.

Check this thread for our discussion: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... asc-0.html

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 3:16 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:I'm sorry to say but your entire stay in Singapore will be marked by 100% celibacy. ;)
Unless he visits Geylang. :P
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

AngMohWez

Post by AngMohWez » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 5:54 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:I'm sorry to say but your entire stay in Singapore will be marked by 100% celibacy. ;)
Because local girls unless they are SPG's don't go for white guys or they just don't give it up that easy?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 6:20 pm

AngMohWez wrote:
Because local girls unless they are SPG's don't go for white guys or they just don't give it up that easy?
Bud, there is a lot of tongue in cheek comments here. Singapore is heaven for the single man, no matter your preference for women. Hell, it's also heaven for the married man.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 8:02 pm

AngMohWez wrote:
You have to try harder to not get laid than to get laid, how about that? Although the average local girl is a bit more 'conservative' than the average American or European, if you want a one night stand they exist. There is also Geylang, Orchard Tower, and plenty of other places to go if you prefer. It's arguably cheaper in the long run than dating a local :P

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:48 pm

AngMohWez wrote:Personally I am a 23 year old Caucasian...

they're gonna love you long time. really. you're gonna catch or get the fever!

okay, kidding aside (i think), asian girls (not necessarily locals) will find you irresistible.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:00 pm

taxico wrote:
AngMohWez wrote:Personally I am a 23 year old Caucasian...

they're gonna love you long time. really. you're gonna catch or get the fever!

okay, kidding aside (i think), asian girls (not necessarily locals) will find you irresistible.
+1
For most Asians, having a Caucasian partner is like catching a rare pokemon (or something like that) :P
"Budget Expat"

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 21 Oct 2012 7:37 pm

You'll be spoiled for choice although if you like doing it Greek style it can be hard to find Asian girls who like it that way.
Now I'm called PNGMK

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sun, 21 Oct 2012 8:30 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:You'll be spoiled for choice although if you like doing it Greek style it can be hard to find Asian girls who like it that way.
Why would anyone want to do it Greek Style mate? Unless your definition of Greek Style is different from than the one I found on the internet.
nutnut

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:19 pm

nutnut wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:You'll be spoiled for choice although if you like doing it Greek style it can be hard to find Asian girls who like it that way.
Why would anyone want to do it Greek Style mate? Unless your definition of Greek Style is different from than the one I found on the internet.
Not my thing but different strokes for different folks.
Now I'm called PNGMK

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sensei_ » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:57 am

nutnut wrote:Why would anyone want to do it Greek Style mate? Unless your definition of Greek Style is different from than the one I found on the internet.
if you are forced to eat the same thing, you will get sick no?

so throw in a good mix for fun.

greek, spanish, etc.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 8:41 am

What's Greek style? I think nutnut and I am in same confusion... :-|

Oh wait, will this question open the Pandora's box of NSFW?