Singapore Expats

Need assistance of US citizen to vote

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 9:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:When you've been out of the country for 30 years, like me, you'll change your tune. :-)
Nah... lots of far larger, more pressing issues than an earned income exclusion.

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:13 pm

What's best for me or my personal finance may not be what's best for the country. In that case I vote for what's best for the country ... but what do I know, I'm "only" a naturalized citizen who spent most of last 30+ yrs in USA.

Who would've thought I'd live in time where we elected (1/2) black POTUS and when Billy Graham "endorse" a Mormon over a professed Christian candidate :twisted:

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 9:07 am

There's more. There's always more:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama isn't talking about it and neither is Mitt Romney. But come January, 163 million workers can expect to feel the pinch of a big tax increase regardless of who wins the election.

http://news.yahoo.com/psst-taxes-2013-1 ... ction.html

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:24 am

Brah wrote:There's more. There's always more:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama isn't talking about it and neither is Mitt Romney. But come January, 163 million workers can expect to feel the pinch of a big tax increase regardless of who wins the election.

http://news.yahoo.com/psst-taxes-2013-1 ... ction.html
Luckily us American Expats won't have to worry about that, as we don't pay social security taxes.