Singapore Expats Forum

Calling all ex-NYers

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
coldwater

Calling all ex-NYers

Postby coldwater » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:08 am

A while back, someone started a thread looking for people who've lived in NYC. The thread went dormant so I'm not sure if anything materialized from the post (though there seemed to be ample interest). Nonetheless, I'm female, in my mid-20s and moved here after living there for more than a decade. Would love to connect with people who've spent some time there, especially those who went to sch in the city. Sometimes, you really want people to "get" the gastronomic brilliance of the halal guys' chicken and rice or share horror work commute stories about the MTA ("sick passenger", anyone?)

Anyway, if any of you guys relate, do reply (I don't think I can receive PMs as yet) so perhaps we could all get together for coffee or something.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 4:50 am

Worked there, then later 'in another life' lived there again and spent much of my time at either cook-school or the gun range.

So, I get your chicken rice comment :wink:

wagnke01

Ex NYer

Postby wagnke01 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 6:06 am

Just moved here yesterday from NY, but Long Beach, NY. Spent most weekends in the city but got to experience the beach life the remainder of the week. Also in my mid 20s and have some serious horror stories about the LIRR.

If you want to chat further, you can contact me via pm

Cheers,
Kevin