Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to make some new friends :)

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
jessib

Looking to make some new friends :)

Postby jessib » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 8:24 pm

Hey :)

Sorry to make another one of these posts, but I can't work out which ones are still going!
My name is Jessi, I'm 22, recent graduate from the UK, and I've just moved out to Singapore. I don't know anyone who's around my age here, so I was hoping to maybe get coffee with some new people, try and make some friends? Bit wary of putting my email up here, seen a few warnings in some of the other posts, but PM me and we'll try and maybe get a group together? Less awkward than meeting one to one :)

Cheers,
J xxx

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:22 pm

Which ones are still going? My thread is always on... and I'm always lurking in this forum at least twice a day to find new people to "persuade" to join my crew :P

But no, I'm not gonna send a PM. I hate it when people leave me hanging. Find me, then I'll find you. :twisted:

And one to one, or group, I always try to make the people in the events I organize comfortable with everyone else...cause that's just how I roll :cool:

There's one tomorrow if you'd like to join.

PS. Age is irrelevant if you've got a young spirit.
PSS. If you must know, I just turned 24.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

wagnke01

Postby wagnke01 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 6:40 am

Akimbo can you add me to that group. Fresh off the boat from NY looking for new friends. 26/m

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 9:31 am

wagnke01 wrote:Akimbo can you add me to that group. Fresh off the boat from NY looking for new friends. 26/m

Boy, you'll be screwed over by the mods for posting three times without stopping in the same thread...

You gotta check yourself in for the FB group. And you gonna have to send me a PM for your e-mail for me to put down in my list...

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found your e-mail address...because I'm such a lurker... :twisted:
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

melvin_sg

Postby melvin_sg » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:47 pm

hi

I am new to singapore, just came here a few weeks back.
I am 23 male from australia

Well I am currently working in raffles place and would love to meet up the local and expact community here in singapore.

SO would u be interested to met up for a coffee or sumting sometime shortly

Dorp me an email at adriansg2012@gmail.com

Cheers

Melvin @ adrian

jennia

Postby jennia » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 8:55 pm

Not sure if this thread is still going or not, but hi Jessi, I'm in a very similar situation ! I'm 22, just arrived in Singapore and looking to make some friends to explore with here ! I would have PM'ed you but I dont have enough post to (or something..!) but if you have managed to plan a meet up, then let me know as I'd definitely be interested :)

jessib

Postby jessib » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 9:47 pm

Hey Jennia,
Drop me an email at petiteanglaisesingapore@gmail.com, and we can maybe arrange to go for coffee or something :)
Jessi

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:12 pm

jennia and jessi, check out your mails...

Rach_89

Postby Rach_89 » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 8:54 pm

I think I might be a bit late to this thread but if there are people still looking to hang out I'd love to join! I'm 23 / F and from Australia. I know NO ONE and am rapidly running out of tv shows to entertain myself with!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 9:23 am

There are always...ALWAYS...people that are looking to hang out...the problem is, asking the right person.

It just saddens me when I go talk to a wall, expecting a response of at least, "Yes" or "No, sorry, I'm not interested." and yet there's nothing... (Twitter and Facebook posts are different, because when I do do it, I am not expecting any responses anyway...just needed to vent.

jessib

Postby jessib » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:10 am

Hey Rach,

My email address is in one of the posts above, just drop me an email :)

Jessi x

Agata

Postby Agata » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:57 am

Hi guys,

I came over to Singapore last week with my boyfriend and we'd love to meet some new friends! We're both in a process of looking for jobs still so we've got too much free time..

I was just thinking, are you doing anything for Halloween on the 27th? We want to go somewhere but well, nights out are more fun with a group of people rather than just us boring couple :P

If nothing much happening then, I'd love to go for a coffee, drink, do some sightseeing or anything really!

PS. Akimbo- I was just gonna ask you to accept my request for your group and you already did, thanks :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:27 am

Agata wrote:PS. Akimbo- I was just gonna ask you to accept my request for your group and you already did, thanks :)

I did? err--...

Oh, you mean the FB's 20s group? Yeah, I'm not the admin in that group who approves anybody actually. I'm just another member :) ...but still, welcome aboard.

Agata

Postby Agata » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:27 pm

oh i thought it was you, lol..

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah, I'm somewhat the de facto leader of it all...not so cool, because it's not really by anybody else's choice but me... :twisted:

But hey, I do what I can to make everybody else's and most importantly, my days in Singapore, memorable. And so should everybody else. :wink:

I'm thinking of watching the End of Watch film...or TeZuKa dance at Esplanade on Sat...and I am definitely going to the first Singapore Der Flugtag event in Sentosa on Sunday.

But well...it's still just a thought...