Singapore Expats

Need advise on Pre-sales career & EP (Dependant)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 1:29 pm

ecureilx wrote:
the lynx wrote:I don't know, maybe he is trying to say 5-6 years? :P
If I go my the 'latest trends' I am sure he did mean 5.6 years ;)
Agreed, I saw a lot of CVs from Indian candidates back at the end of last year when we were looking for a new hire and at least 50% had their years of experience written as such.

They all went in the bin, needless to say :)

Didn't see the same pattern with CVs from filipinos or locals (the very few locals that we get), so I assumed it's something they do on the sub-continent.
I HAVE MASTERS!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Re: Need advise on Pre-sales career & EP (Dependant)

Post by revhappy » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 7:12 pm

v4jr4 wrote:
ynreddy.1981 wrote:Now I would like to get into Pre-sales in Singapore(my dream career). I tried applying all related Jobs in the Singapore Job portals. But I'm not getting calls.
Well, it's not a good time since gahmen draws the "line". The applications from foreigners without rare skills are, most likely, rejected.

I thought working in Malaysia is not that bad (CMIIW) :P
For an IT career indian cities are better than Malaysia, any day. I heard from lots of sources that the companies in cyber jaya are having really hard time to attract talent, main reason is salaries are same as India on exact conversion and on purchasing power parity basis. KL also doesnt have the quality of life uplift that you get in SG. For other careers KL is a good place for Indians but not for IT.
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 7:22 pm

Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:17 pm

revhappy wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:
ynreddy.1981 wrote:Now I would like to get into Pre-sales in Singapore(my dream career). I tried applying all related Jobs in the Singapore Job portals. But I'm not getting calls.
Well, it's not a good time since gahmen draws the "line". The applications from foreigners without rare skills are, most likely, rejected.

For an IT career indian cities are better than Malaysia, any day. I heard from lots of sources that the companies in cyber jaya are having really hard time to attract talent, main reason is salaries are same as India on exact conversion and on purchasing power parity basis. KL also doesnt have the quality of life uplift that you get in SG. For other careers KL is a good place for Indians but not for IT.
This is going to blow up very quickly. More and more service companies are setting up call centers in KL... already those MNC's that pay on the low end of the scale are having to hire the less than competent. I give it about 18 months before wage rises begin in earnest in order to attract talent.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:45 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
revhappy wrote:
v4jr4 wrote: Well, it's not a good time since gahmen draws the "line". The applications from foreigners without rare skills are, most likely, rejected.

This is going to blow up very quickly. More and more service companies are setting up call centers in KL... already those MNC's that pay on the low end of the scale are having to hire the less than competent. I give it about 18 months before wage rises begin in earnest in order to attract talent.
Well, due to recent "regulations", it does make sense (rather than moving the call centers to India) :D
"Budget Expat"