Singapore Expats

Looking for accountant recommendations (sole proprietorship)

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Looking for accountant recommendations (sole proprietorship)

Post by RimBlock » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

I am an owner of a Sole Proprietorship I am looking for a recommendation on a accountant.

My main areas of interest are;

1: One off check over of accounts (small volume, under 70 sales).
2: Confirmation concerning valid deductibles.
3: Any schemes that I may be eligible for (PIC looks like a good one).

This is a part time second business on top of my day to day job which may muddy the waters a little hence wanting to seek professional advice.

Anyone able to recommend a reasonably priced accountant who may be able to assist.

Many thanks
RB
Without dialogues, if you tell them you want something real bad, you will get it real bad.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:50 pm

Email me for the name and number of the CPA I have used for years.

RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Post by RimBlock » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks will do.

I did notice you made the same offer to someone else after doing a search but that was from 2006 so didn't like to presume :) .

RB
Without dialogues, if you tell them you want something real bad, you will get it real bad.

wildpower

Post by wildpower » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:08 am

Hi RB, have you gotten your accountant?

RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Post by RimBlock » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:45 am

wildpower wrote:Hi RB, have you gotten your accountant?
Not yet.

I did contact the person Strong Eagle was kind enough to pass on the details of but after a couple of initial emails they didn't respond and I have been quite busy so didn't chase.

I am still on the look out.

Regards
RB
Last edited by RimBlock on Mon, 21 Oct 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildpower

Post by wildpower » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:34 am

Hi RB, are you looking for a company or a permanent full-timer to help you with that?

I have some contacts and probably could help you?Can I also have more details of your company as well?

RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Post by RimBlock » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:48 am

wildpower wrote:Hi RB, are you looking for a company or a permanent full-timer to help you with that?

I have some contacts and probably could help you?Can I also have more details of your company as well?
I will try without crossing the line the gods of moderation see as advertising.

Small part time business. Sole propriatorship, small turnover with most being sunk back in to the business. Would estimate around 15 invoices monthly max.

Looking for someone to be able to do a one off check of my accounts to make sure I am following best practices and am conforming to current regulations. Also someone to advise on any current initiatives / incentives available that may assist me to grow the business / reduct tax liability etc (PIC for example).

If the one off is good and a decent working relationship seems possible then a once a month, 12 month contract may be considered.

As I am just getting my website setup (finally), hopefully turnover will increase hence trying to make sure everything is fairly good at this point to ease transition to higher volumes.

RB

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Accountant

Post by shameenali » Thu, 17 Jan 2013 1:51 pm

Hey RB,

In case you are still looking for an accountant do PM me. I should be able to recommend a reliable CPA to you as well.

Cheers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 17 Jan 2013 6:40 pm

FWIW, I went with SE's recommendation for a similar requirement (actually LLP in our case), with good results.
Be careful what you wish for