Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:34 am

therat wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:If this was not enough, many Indians live in their own little Indian neighborhood and never mix up.


=D>

I had a ex-colleague. When he joined the company and introduced himself.

He said.
I'm xxx (name). I'm from Brahmins.

Was he expect us (non-Indian) to know what is Brahmins?
Or he want us to treat him differently?

Note: he has stay in Singapore for some years and holding Singapore PR.


If I were you, I would reply "I'm pariah, I've met Chuck Norris, and I survive." :P
"Budget Expat"

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:52 pm

v4jr4 wrote:
therat wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:If this was not enough, many Indians live in their own little Indian neighborhood and never mix up.


=D>

I had a ex-colleague. When he joined the company and introduced himself.

He said.
I'm xxx (name). I'm from Brahmins.

Was he expect us (non-Indian) to know what is Brahmins?
Or he want us to treat him differently?

Note: he has stay in Singapore for some years and holding Singapore PR.


If I were you, I would reply "I'm pariah, I've met Chuck Norris, and I survive." :P


Met Chuck Norris and survive, must have met him when he was counting to infinity :D

Thats the only 1-2 nano second window when u can survive. Lucky you

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:59 pm

therat wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:If this was not enough, many Indians live in their own little Indian neighborhood and never mix up.


=D>

I had a ex-colleague. When he joined the company and introduced himself.

He said.
I'm xxx (name). I'm from Brahmins.

Was he expect us (non-Indian) to know what is Brahmins?
Or he want us to treat him differently?

Note: he has stay in Singapore for some years and holding Singapore PR.


Brahmins, what? are they cylons? Do they live on Battlestar galactica or are they from the bluth family.

Many of my American friends will know what I am saying.

If you don't know what I am saying, please forgive me (I have to still learn more about Singapore to make similar local comments)

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 9:46 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:Brahmins, what? are they cylons? Do they live on Battlestar galactica or are they from the bluth family.

Many of my American friends will know what I am saying.


So say we all.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 9:23 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:Brahmins, what? are they cylons? Do they live on Battlestar galactica or are they from the bluth family.

Many of my American friends will know what I am saying.


So say we all.


So say we all.

:D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests