Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajesh.sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

PEP Appeal

Postby rajesh.sg » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 7:10 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for PEP. This query is not regarding credentials et al. which is clear. Taking in account today's economy and environment, one has to be ready for all eventualities, for a rejection also. I am keen to know the recourse for Appeal for PEP rejections.
a. Is the standard Appeal form for EP applicable duly completed and submitted/mailed to work pass division address?
b. What about iSubmit route? Apart from additional docs for Appeal, can one submit appeal form per se thru iSubmit?
c. Is it possible to schedule an appointment with MoM EPSC under service tyre: "Other Services – Issue and Renewal of Employment Pass and Related Pass"? to understand & address the reason for rejection and personally submit appeal?

Highly appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Thanks!

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:02 pm

No wonder they call Indians as masters.
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:55 pm

Another one! Scheesh! #-o ](*,)

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:12 pm

revhappy wrote:No wonder they call Indians as masters.


You said it! :P
"Budget Expat"

rajesh.sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajesh.sg » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:55 am

@revhappy- Rather than making a racial crude sarcasm, I would have appreciated if you had anything in positive value to say. Obviously, An appeal is intended for an initially rejected application to succeed. The extra info can be anything ranging from professional promotion/award certificate or educational achievements which may not have been evaluated in first place.

Since I dont know how the process of PEP appeal can/has to be made, I was keen to get some of your constructive inputs based on experience of self or friends/colleagues. Thanks again!

lolipop99
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2012

Postby lolipop99 » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 2:31 am

I can feel many indian Professionals are feeling uneasy on immigration and passes issues but please refrain from applying to everything you can just for the sake of securing a stay here.. if they dont want you, just look for other greener pasture

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 4:31 am

rajesh.sg wrote:@revhappy- Rather than making a racial crude sarcasm, I would have appreciated if you had anything in positive value to say. Obviously, An appeal is intended for an initially rejected application to succeed. The extra info can be anything ranging from professional promotion/award certificate or educational achievements which may not have been evaluated in first place.

Since I dont know how the process of PEP appeal can/has to be made, I was keen to get some of your constructive inputs based on experience of self or friends/colleagues. Thanks again!


Dear Rajesh,

I am also an Indian, I don't take this as Racial, it's the fallout of what our countrymen have done all over the planet. Anywhere Indians go, they just exploit the immigration.

I am fairly new to Singapore, but spent considerable amount of time in US, H1B has unbelievable fraud ratio from Indians (you probably know H1 is roughly US equivalent of EP1).

Almost every other Indian who is waiting for Green Card in USA has applied for a PR in Canada and essentially wasted a PR in most cases. The number of Indians who used Singapore as stepping stone to other countries is quite impressive too.

Most Indians don't even have a reason to be in any particular country, its more like, whoever takes us.

When our fellow countrymen can't understand immigration is more serious business than Job change, this is what we expect.

If this was not enough, many Indians live in their own little Indian neighborhood and never mix up.

Please don't take it personally but please put yourself in government's shoes and try to make a impression of us (Indians).

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 4:38 am

lolipop99 wrote:I can feel many indian Professionals are feeling uneasy on immigration and passes issues but please refrain from applying to everything you can just for the sake of securing a stay here.. if they dont want you, just look for other greener pasture


This is NOT just Singapore, Indians are not particularly welcome many countries now. I can see this in USA, Canada, UK (I know there are many more but I don't know anyone personally who felt it so won't comment).

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 9:12 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
rajesh.sg wrote:@revhappy- Rather than making a racial crude sarcasm, I would have appreciated if you had anything in positive value to say. Obviously, An appeal is intended for an initially rejected application to succeed. The extra info can be anything ranging from professional promotion/award certificate or educational achievements which may not have been evaluated in first place.

Since I dont know how the process of PEP appeal can/has to be made, I was keen to get some of your constructive inputs based on experience of self or friends/colleagues. Thanks again!


Dear Rajesh,

I am also an Indian, I don't take this as Racial, it's the fallout of what our countrymen have done all over the planet. Anywhere Indians go, they just exploit the immigration.

I am fairly new to Singapore, but spent considerable amount of time in US, H1B has unbelievable fraud ratio from Indians (you probably know H1 is roughly US equivalent of EP1).

Almost every other Indian who is waiting for Green Card in USA has applied for a PR in Canada and essentially wasted a PR in most cases. The number of Indians who used Singapore as stepping stone to other countries is quite impressive too.

Most Indians don't even have a reason to be in any particular country, its more like, whoever takes us.

When our fellow countrymen can't understand immigration is more serious business than Job change, this is what we expect.

If this was not enough, many Indians live in their own little Indian neighborhood and never mix up.

Please don't take it personally but please put yourself in government's shoes and try to make a impression of us (Indians).


I applaud your introspection. More people--not just Indians but EVERYONE--need to do it.

=D>

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 9:20 am

If you really have something of value, someone will take it somewhere. Vote with your feet and money.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Re: PEP Appeal

Postby offshoreoildude » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 9:24 am

rajesh.sg wrote:Hello,

I will be applying for PEP. This query is not regarding credentials et al. which is clear. Taking in account today's economy and environment, one has to be ready for all eventualities, for a rejection also. I am keen to know the recourse for Appeal for PEP rejections.
a. Is the standard Appeal form for EP applicable duly completed and submitted/mailed to work pass division address?
b. What about iSubmit route? Apart from additional docs for Appeal, can one submit appeal form per se thru iSubmit?
c. Is it possible to schedule an appointment with MoM EPSC under service tyre: "Other Services – Issue and Renewal of Employment Pass and Related Pass"? to understand & address the reason for rejection and personally submit appeal?

Highly appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Thanks!


for item c - NO - the civil service keep ALL their cards close to their chest and ICA even more so.
Now I'm called PNGMK

rajesh.sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajesh.sg » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:08 am

Thanks a lot for your comments lolipop99, vishalgupta2, offshoreoildude, nakatgo. I fully understand the rationale for the stereotyping and I also agree regarding the exploitation and tricks people play just to secure a stay be it here or US or Canada having witnessed it myself.

I know it sounds cliche but I feel more connected with SG than any other place for making it our home. Its just sad that for the actions of the others, few genuine ones are also clubbed in the same category. I have my brother who is settled here since 1990 and raised his kids here, the boy serving NS now. My mother-tongue is Tamil, around 3/4 of my friends here are Singaporeans or Malay or Chinese. Bottomline is this is where we feel culturally integral.

Having lived in Dubai for quite sometime and visited US for few projects earlier as onsite visit from India, I am of the opinion that each nation has its uniqueness, something intangible that make you feel at home. I never felt this in Dubai or US. I am frank in admitting that I cannot think of even working in India now because the work culture makes me feel alien! Few of the things I adore in Singaporean culture. I actually am keen to apply for PR but considering the situation now, its like shooting in the feet. I know few have 'used' PR/PEP as a tool to hunt for greener pasture and its a shame that this is proving to such a hindrance.

Putting oneself in the shoes of Govt, I agree its very hard well, impossible to weed out the ones that may exploit the PEP/PR from the ones who have genuine intentions. Again something that's is a black-box that I guess one has to be bit philosophical in accepting life as it comes without complaining. Thanks again!

lolipop99
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2012

Postby lolipop99 » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:39 am

rajesh.sg wrote:Thanks a lot for your comments lolipop99, vishalgupta2, offshoreoildude, nakatgo. I fully understand the rationale for the stereotyping and I also agree regarding the exploitation and tricks people play just to secure a stay be it here or US or Canada having witnessed it myself.

I know it sounds cliche but I feel more connected with SG than any other place for making it our home. Its just sad that for the actions of the others, few genuine ones are also clubbed in the same category. I have my brother who is settled here since 1990 and raised his kids here, the boy serving NS now. My mother-tongue is Tamil, around 3/4 of my friends here are Singaporeans or Malay or Chinese. Bottomline is this is where we feel culturally integral.

Having lived in Dubai for quite sometime and visited US for few projects earlier as onsite visit from India, I am of the opinion that each nation has its uniqueness, something intangible that make you feel at home. I never felt this in Dubai or US. I am frank in admitting that I cannot think of even working in India now because the work culture makes me feel alien! Few of the things I adore in Singaporean culture. I actually am keen to apply for PR but considering the situation now, its like shooting in the feet. I know few have 'used' PR/PEP as a tool to hunt for greener pasture and its a shame that this is proving to such a hindrance.

Putting oneself in the shoes of Govt, I agree its very hard well, impossible to weed out the ones that may exploit the PEP/PR from the ones who have genuine intentions. Again something that's is a black-box that I guess one has to be bit philosophical in accepting life as it comes without complaining. Thanks again!


I think after the financial crisis, many people suddenly realized that there is no greener pasture than Singapore, what they have here, the salary they can earn, the comfortable living environment, the safety they have far outweigh the traditional "greener pastures" such as USA, Canada, Australia or Europe. While Western countries are crippling with budget deficit, dwindling welfare and rising tax, Singapore is one of the rare place that has extremely low tax, reasonably high standard of living and abundance of jobs opportunity. Many people I know who hop to other "greener pastures" wish they had stayed in Singapore instead. Many of them gave up PR and citizenship to migrate to the West just to realize that they cannot find a job with their existing skills and educations without local experience and connection, they are "discriminate" subtly where as in Singapore they are embrace and given the opportunities like any other local or even warmer with no CPF. However it is too late, the damage has been done, people who jumped ship or used Singapore as stepping stones in the past have caused great concern and anger in local residents which resulting in foreigners being treated as "Trash" instead of "Talent" in some people's mind, to an unrepairable stage! It is also noted that the quality of foreign workers in Singapore deteriorated with the mass increase in size, some may not even able to secure a decent job back home but can get one here due to the tight labor market in the past, but things have changed!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:05 pm

lolipop99 wrote: and abundance of jobs opportunity. Many people I know who hop to other "greener pastures" wish they had stayed in Singapore instead. Many of them gave up PR and citizenship to migrate to the West just to realize that they cannot find a job with their existing skills and educations without local experience and connection, they are "discriminate" subtly where as in Singapore they are embrace and given the opportunities like any other local or even warmer with no CPF.


Are you sure this is Singapore you're talking about? :? This place has discrimination everywhere, just because the drone MPs constantly bang on and on about 'racial harmony' in an attempt to convince people that it exists, doesn't mean it actually does
I HAVE MASTERS!

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 1:27 pm

JayCee wrote:
lolipop99 wrote: and abundance of jobs opportunity. Many people I know who hop to other "greener pastures" wish they had stayed in Singapore instead. Many of them gave up PR and citizenship to migrate to the West just to realize that they cannot find a job with their existing skills and educations without local experience and connection, they are "discriminate" subtly where as in Singapore they are embrace and given the opportunities like any other local or even warmer with no CPF.


Are you sure this is Singapore you're talking about? :? This place has discrimination everywhere, just because the drone MPs constantly bang on and on about 'racial harmony' in an attempt to convince people that it exists, doesn't mean it actually does


He was talking about job prospects for foreigners and the climate towards them, I have to say that inspite of the recent furore going on against foreigners, It's still "relatively"better here, because all forms of foreigner bashing happen in the cyberspace and not in the physical space like in those traditional greener pastures. Also inspite of all the tightening SG still is the easiest countries of all and by a far far bigger margin at that, in terms of job prospects for foreigners vis a vis the locals and also on an absolute basis.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests