Singapore Expats

Anyone want to watch Looper + coffee?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
KyleT

Anyone want to watch Looper + coffee?

Post by KyleT » Sat, 06 Oct 2012 9:22 pm

Looper (the movie) is coming out next week, anyone interested to go watch it on Sunday (14 Oct)? It seems to be getting good press!

We're a 30/m Malaysian and 29/f American couple, just got in a few months ago from Boston, and would love to meet you! Neither of us are big drinkers, so we were thinking movie + coffee afterwards to introduce ourselves and chat (She's a big Steelers fan, in case there's anyone else from Pittsburgh?)

We'll have to work out the times when the movie actually comes into cinemas, but maybe somewhere in the city centre? Let us know!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 11:36 pm

You just took out my idea for my gathering for next week! Hahaha. :lol:

In Singapore, Looper is scheduled to be out on the 11th. I was already thinking of doing it somewhere during the next weekend.

I'll post it up and make it my official gathering for next weekend. :)

I know that Looper is a superb hit! And the good press is not because of the good publicity, but cause it's got a great plot! You just have got to have a good train of thought to keep up with what's going on and what's the director is trying to show you with each scenes! Currently the score with critics in Rotten Tomatoes is 94%!!!!!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

KyleT

Post by KyleT » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 4:06 pm

That sounds great! Yay!

clairekim

looper!

Post by clairekim » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 8:53 pm

i've been waiting for this movie for long time! i'd love to join for movie + coffee :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:47 am

Currently I see that Cathay, and Shaw will not be showing Looper. Only Golden Village. However, I only see that they only sell the Gold Class (which is $39 a seat :mad: )

Keep you fellas posted once I find something definite.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

comviq

Post by comviq » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:59 am

i am in !
I think GV and Cathay will release the schedule by today evening for the next week schedule.

Akimbo wrote:Currently I see that Cathay, and Shaw will not be showing Looper. Only Golden Village. However, I only see that they only sell the Gold Class (which is $39 a seat :mad: )

Keep you fellas posted once I find something definite.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:16 am

Well, I want to see it this weekend, bub... :cool:

comviq

Post by comviq » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:53 am

Yeah, meaning they will release schedule for tomorrow until next week show..
They do this every wednesday. We could not check tomorrow schedule until they upload it today
Akimbo wrote:Well, I want to see it this weekend, bub... :cool:

KyleT

Post by KyleT » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 2:09 pm

So the movie times are out, along with the cinemas. And they're normal ($11) tickets. I'd suggest one of these places, as they're more central, so it'll be more convenient to most? And convenient times, so that we can talk and chat about the movie (and ourselves!) after?

Sunday 14 Oct

GV Plaza (Dhoby Ghaut MRT)
2:20PM 3:50PM

GV Marina (at the Esplanade)
3:15PM

GV Tiong Bahru (Tiong Bahru MRT)
2:00PM

What do you guys think? Maybe even brunch before if anyone's got something planned.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 2:29 pm

Well comviq was right :shock: ...they refreshed it and now I can see that they have a list for Sunday...

I'd prefer at Marina Square, cause Plaza Singapura is just too mainstream... :lol: I mean, from Marina Square we can walk around to Esplanade, Marina Bay, or eat at Suntec, cause Orchard is just too boring.

So, KyleT and comviq, you guys and gals in? I'll volunteer for buying the tickets in advance. Just PM me your phone numbers for total confirmation before I buy the tickets.

I'll post the event in my Weekender thread shortly...

comviq

Post by comviq » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 3:26 pm

I am workinggggg this sunday...grrrr...:(
how about saturday ?? if everyone is ok..
we can go for drinks after evening show :)
Akimbo wrote:Well comviq was right :shock: ...they refreshed it and now I can see that they have a list for Sunday...

I'd prefer at Marina Square, cause Plaza Singapura is just too mainstream... :lol: I mean, from Marina Square we can walk around to Esplanade, Marina Bay, or eat at Suntec, cause Orchard is just too boring.

So, KyleT and comviq, you guys and gals in? I'll volunteer for buying the tickets in advance. Just PM me your phone numbers for total confirmation before I buy the tickets.

I'll post the event in my Weekender thread shortly...

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 5:08 pm

I can probably only do Saturday evening, after my practice 10 K run...which would probably be too tiring for me, because the next morning I have to practice run for 23 K...

But, well...dinner out will be okay, I guess...but I'm not gonna organize that one...