Singapore Expats Forum

Changing jobs on EP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Postby calvink » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 6:30 pm

Just to check

While your new employer apply for a new pass for you, within the same EP Level, there is no need for the EP employee to have its pass cancelled first, till the new employer received a status of approval from MOM, am I right?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 6:55 pm

PR for Malaysians is not quite the same for the rest of us I believe. My MY chinese quotation engineer is telling me stories of MY PRs being pushed to take SC or give up their PR these days and only getting a REP for 2 years. Not sure if this is true, maybe others can validate?
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 8:42 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:PR for Malaysians is not quite the same for the rest of us I believe. My MY chinese quotation engineer is telling me stories of MY PRs being pushed to take SC or give up their PR these days and only getting a REP for 2 years. Not sure if this is true, maybe others can validate?


Heard of the former, but not the latter. Two of my MC friends (a long-time PR with also MC spouses and kids, also PR) had the SC offer extended to them. Not sure if it is for the whole family or just them and if they agreed to accept them or not.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 6:17 am

calvink wrote:Just to check

While your new employer apply for a new pass for you, within the same EP Level, there is no need for the EP employee to have its pass cancelled first, till the new employer received a status of approval from MOM, am I right?

Correct. If the (potential) new employer receives approval for the (new) EP, then at that point the current employer would need to cancel the (current) EP. Nothing should be done before, otherwise the employee might end up with no EP and hence no job.

Keep in mind though that the current employer might become aware of the EP application by the (potential) new employer, if they are proactively checking the MOM records.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 6:49 am

Mi Amigo wrote:
calvink wrote:Just to check

While your new employer apply for a new pass for you, within the same EP Level, there is no need for the EP employee to have its pass cancelled first, till the new employer received a status of approval from MOM, am I right?

Correct. If the (potential) new employer receives approval for the (new) EP, then at that point the current employer would need to cancel the (current) EP. Nothing should be done before, otherwise the employee might end up with no EP and hence no job.

Keep in mind though that the current employer might become aware of the EP application by the (potential) new employer, if they are proactively checking the MOM records.



^^^^
FACT!

As a matter of fact, with the constantly lowering of FW Quota's and S pass subquotas, I have my HR Exec bi-weekly check our Foreign Work Pass holders for application within the MOM system. When we loose too many locals, we get a letter from MOM to reduce our Foreign Manpower strength as we are over quotas. When that happens, got to get rid of someone. Who are you going to cull? The one who's been actively looking. Actively looking usually means not satisfied where you are. Bye-Bye. You send the wroing signal to the employer.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest