Singapore Expats Forum

23/f -> sporty, active, outdoorsy

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
mtgirl

23/f -> sporty, active, outdoorsy

Postby mtgirl » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:12 pm

I've fairly recently returned to Singapore and am still trying to find my feet. What I'm looking for is like-minded folks who love sports, the outdoors and being active. Hiking, rock-climbing, kayaking, biking, running (plodding, actually), swimming (open-water), slacklining etc. are some things I've started dabbling in of late and it would be great to have others join. 'Dabbling' most definitely means I'm still new to it all and in the exploratory phase. I'm also an avid backpacker with an insatiable wanderlust and a tendency towards spontaneity albeit (temporarily) shackled by work...

Admittedly, I'm not one who can sit and chat without feeling twitchy and would much prefer doing the chatting alongside something active. So this is a shoutout to anyone who feels the same way and would like some new company. HELLO!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 8:46 am

I know lecurly is also looking for the same kind of people...instead of opening a new thread, why not join that one? I'm also a sporty kind of guy, btw...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

mattks

Postby mattks » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 9:50 am

Here's a bicycling thing that I'm organizing for the weekend. You're welcome to come if you're interested.

ftopic90725.html

mtgirl

Postby mtgirl » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 2:09 pm

Akimbo: Hi and ta for replying. I've seen both your threads. As you might have noticed, what I'm looking for is much more specific (sportscentric perhaps) than yours' or lecurly's thus felt it warranted opening a new one.

Mattks: cheers. I'll drop you a mail

shauky

hey

Postby shauky » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 4:01 pm

im also relatively new to sg...havent made many frens fr outdoor activites but recently managed to join a soccer club..weekends we play matches...anyways, if interested in doin something fun on weekends like exploring the city or any outdoor sport then let me knw..
cheers!

ca5an0va

Postby ca5an0va » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 6:00 pm

i wonder if you play pool /billiards :wink:
"Humor Me!"

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 8:52 pm

ca5an0va wrote:i wonder if you play pool /billiards :wink:

Get the hell out of this post you idiot. MODS!
Now I'm called PNGMK

ca5an0va

Postby ca5an0va » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 2:13 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
ca5an0va wrote:i wonder if you play pool /billiards :wink:

Get the hell out of this post you idiot. MODS!

you know you are a moron right!? cry baby
"Humor Me!"