Singapore Expats Forum

Approval of short term extension pass online

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Senzo

Approval of short term extension pass online

Postby Senzo » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 5:40 pm

Hi seniors and brothers here,

my wife is a thai, just applied for long term visit pass for her, in the meanwhile i received a email from ica that my wife Visit Pass (short term) which is issued on 15/08/2012 and valid till 14/09/2012 has been extended on the same condition to 12/11/2012 under Regulation 12(6) of Immigration Regulations.

Your Application for Visit Pass (long term) is receiving attention.

Is there anything i need to do? like bring my wife down to ica for anything? i tried to read the online extension faq, seems like no action is required from my side except wait for results. The email did not state any actions to be done except waiting for the long term pass results.

Hope to know more from brothers here. Hopefully its like what i say, no actions required, otherwise my wife might already overstayed....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 7:44 pm

I would suggest she take the email and go down to ICA with her passport and have them update the passport with the extension. She should be okay if the email is from ICA but it would save her some aggravation should any official, e.g., a cop, do a cursory inspection of her documents, especially considering she is Thai. At least that way, she has proof on her person that she is legal, without a trip to the cop shop while they check to find out from ICA.

Senzo

Postby Senzo » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks very much for the reply sundaystaplemorning bro/sis, electronic application need not go down to ica, i went down to ask liaoz.

I received the below results for applying my wife long term pass online

Your application for a Visit Pass (Long Term) has been approved in principle , subject to the results of your medical examination .

2. You are required to complete formalities for the issuance of the Visit Pass (Long Term) personally at this office with the following:

A completed Medical Examination Report;

A copy of approval notice;

A completed Appendix (VP) - IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form;

A duly signed printout of the form which you have submitted through the e-VP;

A duly signed printout of Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long Term Pass Card;

Hope Bros here can help me as i got a few questions in mind.

1. Do I need to prepare any other documents other than the ones stated here?

2. I will be going on a honeymoon trip with my wife to taiwan from 23-29 Oct, will the pass be issued by then (I called taiwan embassy singapore, they say i could only apply visa for my thai wife if she have a valid long term pass.) Otherwise i need to buy a ticket for her to go bangkok to apply at the taiwan embassy there.

3. Is this the final procedure(completing formalities) before my wife can know whether the long term pass is approved or not?

Thanks all bros for reading and helping

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 11:00 pm

You are required to complete formalities for the issuance of the Visit Pass (Long Term) personally at this office with the following:

A completed Medical Examination Report;

A copy of approval notice;

A completed Appendix (VP) - IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form;

A duly signed printout of the form which you have submitted through the e-VP;

A duly signed printout of Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long Term Pass Card;

tengjj2000

Postby tengjj2000 » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:54 am

sorry to dig up this thread.

but I am unable to private message the OP.

OP, may I know what is your thai wife working as? Thank you.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:00 pm

tengjj2000 wrote:sorry to dig up this thread.

but I am unable to private message the OP.

OP, may I know what is your thai wife working as? Thank you.

She is on (or applied for) a "Long Term Visit Pass". That means she is not working.

Rfei

Postby Rfei » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 7:11 pm

Bro how long did the application took? My wife application going be 9 weeks tmr n still pending. Hope to hear from ur experience. My wife is a Thai also