Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of a PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
charles1983
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012

Chances of a PR

Postby charles1983 » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 5:56 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply for Permanent residentship on Nov 2012, Below are my details .Kindly have a look suggest me is it the right time for application.

1. 29 years old and Working in Singapore since Sep 2009(Software engineer)
2 . Currently in PEP pass(2 years EP P2 and then convert to PEP)
3 . Nationality : PRC
4. Divorced in 2012(will this affect PR application)
5. Basic Income : 4.5K monthly. (around 60K yearly)
6. Education: Degree on computer and science

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 8:54 pm

Low to nil. No son. Not high income. PRC (sorry buddy; along with Indians, they don't like PRChinese too). You can still try but don't be surprised if you get rejected.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Fri, 21 Sep 2012 9:23 pm

nakatago wrote:Low to nil. No son. Not high income. PRC (sorry buddy; along with Indians, they don't like PRChinese too). You can still try but don't be surprised if you get rejected.


+1

I don't see any meat.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:21 pm

4.5K per month not equal to 60K per year... equal to 54K per year.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:28 pm

Bonus maybe included? Or maybe allowance?

friendlybossy
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 08 Oct 2008

Re: Chances of a PR

Postby friendlybossy » Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:36 pm

charles1983 wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply for Permanent residentship on Nov 2012, Below are my details .Kindly have a look suggest me is it the right time for application.

1. 29 years old and Working in Singapore since Sep 2009(Software engineer)
2 . Currently in PEP pass(2 years EP P2 and then convert to PEP)
3 . Nationality : PRC
4. Divorced in 2012(will this affect PR application)
5. Basic Income : 4.5K monthly. (around 60K yearly)
6. Education: Degree on computer and science


Salary is too low to stand a good chance, duration of stay is too short, and no family tie in Singapore. I would say chance is close to nil

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:11 am

Pete & Repete.... :roll:

User avatar
AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun, 05 Jun 2011

Postby AndrewV » Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Pete & Repete.... :roll:

went on boat ride, pete fell out who remained? :oops:

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Re: Chances of a PR

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:57 am

charles1983 wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply for Permanent residentship on Nov 2012, Below are my details .Kindly have a look suggest me is it the right time for application.

1. 29 years old and Working in Singapore since Sep 2009(Software engineer)
2 . Currently in PEP pass(2 years EP P2 and then convert to PEP)
3 . Nationality : PRC
4. Divorced in 2012(will this affect PR application)
5. Basic Income : 4.5K monthly. (around 60K yearly)
6. Education: Degree on computer and science


Why bother for PR? Just enjoy your CPF deduction free salary and go back to China when you're ready?

User avatar
ca5an0va
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu, 27 Sep 2012

Postby ca5an0va » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:27 pm

chances are still 50/50
you'll never know
if its yours then its yours and if not dont push yourself too hard and enjoy life! :wink:
"Humor Me!"

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:02 pm

ca5an0va wrote:chances are still 50/50
you'll never know
if its yours then its yours and if not dont push yourself too hard and enjoy life! :wink:


What makes you think there is a 50-50 chance? Most people on the forum here think the chances are less than 1-2%.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:45 pm

vishalgupta2 wrote:
ca5an0va wrote:chances are still 50/50
you'll never know
if its yours then its yours and if not dont push yourself too hard and enjoy life! :wink:


What makes you think there is a 50-50 chance? Most people on the forum here think the chances are less than 1-2%.


He was obviously resorting to vacuous posts to up his post count so he could PM.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby vishalgupta2 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:57 pm

nakatago wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:
ca5an0va wrote:chances are still 50/50
you'll never know
if its yours then its yours and if not dont push yourself too hard and enjoy life! :wink:


What makes you think there is a 50-50 chance? Most people on the forum here think the chances are less than 1-2%.


He was obviously resorting to vacuous posts to up his post count so he could PM.


Precious PM privileges, I promise I did not reply to get PM privileges. :) :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests