Singapore Expats

Apply Singapore citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rams-school

Apply Singapore citizenship

Post by Rams-school » Sun, 16 Sep 2012 9:28 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum while searching for Citizenship I found this community forum and lots of constructive discussion. Thanks and keep it up.

I have been a PR for 17 years and living in Singapore for approx. 20 years.

I started with a technician (Poly Diploma) from India and upgraded my skills in Singapore by attending Advanced diploma in Poly, Post graduate diploma in NUS, Post graduate certificate from NTU, Bachelors degree from Australian University(Part time while working in Singapore through a Private provider)

I work for a same MNC for the past 15 years.
My Annual Salary is approx S$65K monthly salary is approx S$5.3K per month. My wife earns approx S$1K per month.

She has just started her own startup company (Pte Ltd) couple of months. Her earning is not great but potential possibility to grow the business. She had a proprietary business for the past 3 years and the earning too approx S$15K per year.

I own a HDB 4 room flat married with 1 female kid( teen age). Born overseas in India but all along studied here. Academically my kid (female) is doing good in one of the top(10) secondary school.

I did not apply for citizenship till now due to my family property inheritance. Now all settled and I want to apply.

I am an Indian citizen speak Tamil. and My wife too speak tamil from India. My wife is a PR for approx. 15 years, My kid is a PR for 14 years I am a PR for 17 years.

Am I eligible to apply and what is the possibility getting citizenship?

Request you to share your opinion. Appreciate your help.

I am regularly contributing to CPF from my MNC company.

Thanks

:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:04 pm

Probably very good, even with the current climate. 20 years here kinda shows a desire of permanency I would think. God for it. I don't think anybody would know the difference by now anyway. ;-)

Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rams-school

Post by Rams-school » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 6:23 am

Thank you sundaymorningstaple. I am only concerned about my monthly salary. With total household income of S$6.3K (Mine is $5.3K) I am only bit concerned.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 9:26 am

Rams-school wrote:Thank you sundaymorningstaple. I am only concerned about my monthly salary. With total household income of S$6.3K (Mine is $5.3K) I am only bit concerned.
There is some noise that the govt is always over-concerned about numbers (or meritocracy) .. and don't bother much about the desire of the people to make themselves citizens . . not that it matters much, because there is no way to quantify a person's desire to be firmly entrenched here .. (it was brought up at the PM's conversation too .. )

Well, if the govt is hearing it out .. maybe they will take note of those who have been here long at a lower pay, and get a one-up for PR/Citizenship, vs those who are here with a higher pay .. but have no long term plans to park themselves here .. but easily qualify .. ;)

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:44 am

I think there is nothing more you can do, so might as well apply now. If you get it you get it, if you don't you don't. There is no need to wait because everything relating to time periods, has already been achieved by you in excess...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Apply Singapore citizenship

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:06 pm

Rams-school wrote:Hello

I am new to this forum while searching for Citizenship I found this community forum and lots of constructive discussion. Thanks and keep it up.

I have been a PR for 17 years and living in Singapore for approx. 20 years.

I started with a technician (Poly Diploma) from India and upgraded my skills in Singapore by attending Advanced diploma in Poly, Post graduate diploma in NUS, Post graduate certificate from NTU, Bachelors degree from Australian University(Part time while working in Singapore through a Private provider)

I work for a same MNC for the past 15 years.
My Annual Salary is approx S$65K monthly salary is approx S$5.3K per month. My wife earns approx S$1K per month.

She has just started her own startup company (Pte Ltd) couple of months. Her earning is not great but potential possibility to grow the business. She had a proprietary business for the past 3 years and the earning too approx S$15K per year.

I own a HDB 4 room flat married with 1 female kid( teen age). Born overseas in India but all along studied here. Academically my kid (female) is doing good in one of the top(10) secondary school.

I did not apply for citizenship till now due to my family property inheritance. Now all settled and I want to apply.

I am an Indian citizen speak Tamil. and My wife too speak tamil from India. My wife is a PR for approx. 15 years, My kid is a PR for 14 years I am a PR for 17 years.

Am I eligible to apply and what is the possibility getting citizenship?

Request you to share your opinion. Appreciate your help.

I am regularly contributing to CPF from my MNC company.

Thanks

:)
Just based on what I see and based on my opinion, you have more than a decent chance as you have resided here long enough and have also contributed. You may wish to go ahead and apply directly.Good Luck !