Singapore Expats

Relocating to Singapore Job in Changi Business Park

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Relocating to Singapore Job in Changi Business Park

Post by JayCee » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:26 am

ganisrinivasan wrote:Hi ,

I am relocating to singapore from india. My job is going to be in Changi Business park. I am senior IT professional.

I will be moving single and then bringing in my family after 6 months. Need some recommendations on which area i should be staying initially so that i can avail public transport to CBP. Studios/ Rent out Master Bed rooms/ Service apartements , what will be the rental and which are the best areas to live in .

Also need recommendations on where best to search for a 2-3 bed room house for my family which is near CBP and what is the budget. My needs are 2-3 Bed , Furnished , Decent facilities (Child play area , Closeness to Public transport , Malls , Nice neighborhood , Bit greenery around and walking paths/trails).

Any tips on how i can search online. I have registered in easyroommates and airbnb and actively searching there. Any better forums or sites ?

Rgds
Quoting this as mr senior IT professional appears to be removing his posts
I HAVE MASTERS!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:44 am

JayCee wrote:Quoting this as mr senior IT professional appears to be removing his posts
What? He is obliterating his post? Not again from another newcomer...

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:49 am

the lynx wrote:
JayCee wrote:Quoting this as mr senior IT professional appears to be removing his posts
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra6 ... ht=#604203
I HAVE MASTERS!

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:53 am

Why do people do that!? The whole point of asking and answering questions is for others to also gain benefit!

In relation to this, if I remember correctly, he was being offered $15K a month for a Architect role in Datawarehousing. Which we stated was a typical salary and probably at the top end for Tech roles.
nutnut

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:58 am

JayCee wrote:
the lynx wrote:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra6 ... ht=#604203
Aiyo, hope someone has the cached version of that thread and restore it.

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 4:00 pm

Nutnut, you have a very good memory, that's what exactly he wrote, I wonder should I be a kaypoh person now hahahaha

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 4:46 pm

Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 5:42 pm

iloverice wrote:Nutnut, you have a very good memory, that's what exactly he wrote, I wonder should I be a kaypoh person now hahahaha
You also have a good memory then! ;)

Rev, yes, I thought that too, but, to be honest, if you are a tech savvy person, then you shouldn't use your actual name on a forum when asking about something you don't want folk to know! At the end of the day, this information is useful to others too, so the fact he removed it is detrimental to the workings of the forum, therefore, I restore the information and onwards we move!

Public forums are for the benefit of all. If I was a tech architect then I'd be interested in this information if I was coming to SG.
nutnut