Singapore Expats Forum

LAOS - travel advice

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AjitS

LAOS - travel advice

Postby AjitS » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 4:27 pm

Does anyone have any experience on traveling to Laos? Planning on a long weekend there in November and cant seem to find any direct flights from Singapore to Laos (Vientiene), does anyone know if there is any?

If not any ideas on the best route? I’m thinking KL then catch an air Asia flight direct but thought someone may be able to give me some better advice.

Please help if you can

AJ

sgnk

Postby sgnk » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 7:46 pm

Lao air do direct flights so try their website.
Other than that, I think there would be more connecting flights from Saigon and Hanoi than from KL.
There would also be some out of BKK - you should have a look on some flight compairon websites, they can usually link up the flights quite well

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:40 am

Sorry if I'm digging this thread out pretty late but for the benefit for those looking for the same info, you can book direct flights from Singapore to Vientiane using Lao Airline.

http://www.laoairlines.com/

If anyone else knows about other airlines that offer direct flights from Singapore, I'd be happy to know.