Singapore Expats Forum

New to Singapore

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
karenx

New to Singapore

Postby karenx » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 9:50 pm

Hi, I moved from Canada to Singapore about a month ago I'm looking to meet new people and explore the city a bit more. If anyone is interested, PM me or leave your email address here. If you're more interested in getting dinner/coffee, I'm up for that too. I live near Tiong Bahru and work near Tanjong Pagar.

-Karen

karenx

Postby karenx » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 9:52 pm

Btw, FYI for anyone interested, the Singapore public library is having a book sale this weekend at the expo. If you're like me and couldn't bring your books with you during the move, this is a way to get some cheap books.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:17 pm

You're saying you wanna get together this Sat and find books? Or just informing the people here?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

karenx

Postby karenx » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 8:20 am

Just informing others. But if anyone is interested in going together, we can probably organize something.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 8:48 am

Well...I could always get more books...I still haven't got what the deal is with Game of Thrones...and probably there's a smaller paper back version for the last part of Eragon by Paolini and also Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire...

That's just what's on top of my head right now. Maybe there'll be something else that catches my eye...

If you're not doing anything, why not this Sat? I can go after my regular blood donation in the afternoon...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

karenx

Postby karenx » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 1:17 pm

I doubt you'll find the books you want because the book sale is likely for books that the library no longer wants. So they'll probably be old. If you're still interested in going, I'll email you later today

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 1:28 pm

karenx wrote:I doubt you'll find the books you want because the book sale is likely for books that the library no longer wants.

Well, the Lonely Planet Guide books aren't bad at all. Last time, I bought some series, but my main target is the guide for Saint Petersburg. Kinda old, but still can be read :lol:
"Budget Expat"

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 2:27 pm

karenx wrote:I doubt you'll find the books you want because the book sale is likely for books that the library no longer wants. So they'll probably be old. If you're still interested in going, I'll email you later today

Interesting...so, really old books, eh? Well, I'm good for a treasure hunt. I rarely done something like that. Could be fun. :D I'll PM you my contacts. You can also reply by PM now, as you already have 5 posts.