Singapore Expats Forum

Re apply for PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Re apply for PR

Postby acc acca » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:15 pm

Hi All,
need your advise on PR application:

30 yrs old female Chinese, Malaysian, S Pass, diploma in MY
Senior Finance Officer. taking ACCA in SG since Jan 2011, another 1.5 yrs to go
7yrs+ accounts experience in M'sia & 2yrs+ in SG (since May10)
Applied PR in Jan 2011 but rejected (may apply in 2 yrs time)
Re applied in Jul 2012 but rejected (may apply in 6 mths time)

my questions are:
1) can i join another company within the 6 mths b4 i re apply? (for higher position & pay) -- higher chance for PR approved?
2) planning to get married with Singaporean boyfriend next year. he can only sponsor me 1.5yrs after ROM?

Appreciate your reply.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Re apply for PR

Postby the lynx » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 1:22 pm

acc acca wrote:Hi All,
need your advise on PR application:

30 yrs old female Chinese, Malaysian, S Pass, diploma in MY
Senior Finance Officer. taking ACCA in SG since Jan 2011, another 1.5 yrs to go
7yrs+ accounts experience in M'sia & 2yrs+ in SG (since May10)
Applied PR in Jan 2011 but rejected (may apply in 2 yrs time)
Re applied in Jul 2012 but rejected (may apply in 6 mths time)

Walao... Accountant who can't count the number of years before re-apply? :P :lol: You should have re-applied Jan 2013! But you're lucky as the ICA just stuck to the original time frame they have given you earlier instead of rejected you altogether in your second (premature) attempt, unlike other rejected applicants. Lesson learnt!

my questions are:
1) can i join another company within the 6 mths b4 i re apply? (for higher position & pay) -- higher chance for PR approved?

Sure. If it means better pay and higher position, that will boost your approval chances.

2) planning to get married with Singaporean boyfriend next year. he can only sponsor me 1.5yrs after ROM?

It depends if your ROM is before or after approval of your PR. That 1.5 year is for LTSVP if you are not working. If you are, just stick to your current work pass until you get your PR but you need to notify ICA/MOM on the change of your status.

Appreciate your reply.

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Postby acc acca » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for the reply

cos it stated that i may re apply in 2 yrs time so i applied 1.5yrs after 1st application being rejected. in Jul 2012 submission , the officer said we can actually re apply within the 2yrs and asked if i am with the same company :?

so now i have to wait until Mar'13, 6 mths from their letter dated Sep :( ......

(for info, a friend of mine, engineer, got her PR approved in year 2011, her 2nd year working in SG under EP) O:)

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 5:24 pm

acc acca wrote:(for info, a friend of mine, engineer, got her PR approved in year 2011, her 2nd year working in SG under EP) O:)

If you do a search of this forum, you'll see that there are a large number of PR success / failure experiences, encompassing wide variations in the amount of time spent here before applying. Every application is assessed on its own merits and no two cases are the same, so trying to 'second guess' the ICA too closely will not be be of much benefit. Best advice (IMO) is to follow their guidance as to when to re-apply, and to only do so earlier if there are significant (positive) material changes in your circumstances.
Be careful what you wish for

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

PR application approved

Postby acc acca » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 2:49 pm

Hi,
i just got my PR application approved in 1 month time (this is the 3rd application in 3 years).
my question is:
1. how if my employer is not willing to sign form EP152 for PR formalities? (my boss may ask me to sign a one / two years contract, which i do not wish to).
2. i have an job offer (of course, better prospect) from another company, can i ask the new company to sign for me?
please advise.

akrapovic
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 19 Mar 2013

Re: PR application approved

Postby akrapovic » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 2:55 pm

acc acca wrote:Hi,
i just got my PR application approved in 1 month time (this is the 3rd application in 3 years).
my question is:
1. how if my employer is not willing to sign form EP152 for PR formalities? (my boss may ask me to sign a one / two years contract, which i do not wish to).
2. i have an job offer (of course, better prospect) from another company, can i ask the new company to sign for me?
please advise.


1. Q) My SPR application has been approved. However, my employer refuses to sign the EP152. What should I do?
Ans) The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status.

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ica/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx

2. No idea.

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Postby acc acca » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you, akrapovic. Your reply helps. :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application approved

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:01 am

Once when I went to assist a friend for PR submission, the next cubicle guy had the same problem .. (sorry for having overheard it though .. )

If i heard it correctly, the officer said to bring the pay slip as proof ..

same as what akrapovic quoted !!!

... and if no pay slip, produce the bank statement showing payment being remitted as proof !!! (this is a bit dicey if the employer has other methods of remittance .. )

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Postby acc acca » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:11 am

Thanks ecureilx for the reply.
i can provide them with latest payslip.
can i know:
1. how long will it take from form submission to finalise?
2. must i still under employment with the same employer/hold a valid S Pass on the date of appointment with ICA?
(because i m considering to take up a good job offer ASAP)
Thanks.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:17 am

acc acca wrote:Thanks ecureilx for the reply.
i can provide them with latest payslip.
can i know:
1. how long will it take from form submission to finalise?
2. must i still under employment with the same employer/hold a valid S Pass on the date of appointment with ICA?
(because i m considering to take up a good job offer ASAP)
Thanks.


1) since your pr is approved, once you get an appointment, on the day itself, you will get your REP .. and all done

2) Your IC will be a week later, or you can request it be collected at a post office.

Once 1 is done, you can switch job .. :)

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Postby acc acca » Tue, 21 May 2013 2:10 pm

Hi, i have obtained my REP & a NRIC number after PR formalities. Blue IC to be collected in July.

I have tendered my resignation, and my employer threaten me that she will get her way to revoke my SPR status shall i resign.

1. Can i know if she can file complaint or do anything to my SPR status?
2. Can i leave the company now before getting my blue IC?
3. will i face difficulties when collecting my blue IC?

Wish to leave my present company ASAP as i have accepted a job offer.

Thanks.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 21 May 2013 2:22 pm

Congratulations.

Looks like you have a very cordial relationship with your current boss, especially regarding your PR application.

Unless she file a police report for any criminal nature against you, your PR status is unaffected by her.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 21 May 2013 3:50 pm

acc acca wrote:Hi, i have obtained my REP & a NRIC number after PR formalities. Blue IC to be collected in July.

I have tendered my resignation, and my employer threaten me that she will get her way to revoke my SPR status shall i resign.

1. Can i know if she can file complaint or do anything to my SPR status?
2. Can i leave the company now before getting my blue IC?
3. will i face difficulties when collecting my blue IC?

Wish to leave my present company ASAP as i have accepted a job offer.

Thanks.


For a simple answer !!

1) she can file any case, but on what basis ???
2) Yes
3) No

BTW, if you got anything about the threat in writing, you can do more to scare her :D

acc acca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Postby acc acca » Wed, 22 May 2013 11:29 pm

Thank you so much for the reply.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:41 am

acc acca wrote:
cos it stated that i may re apply in 2 yrs time so i applied 1.5yrs after 1st application being rejected.


My god how can you be an accountant and not handle basic arithmetic and dates? And this is what the gahmen wants to keep while kicking all of the other foreigners out? :cry:


(Yes, I realize I replied to an old post)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest