Singapore Expats Forum

Hi anyone can help me with this matter?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vizard87

Hi anyone can help me with this matter?

Postby vizard87 » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 2:24 pm

Dear friends, anyone can help me with this matter.if a crew resigns or got terminated from the airlines and breaks the bond..would the person still have a chance to get back to another airline?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 2:52 pm

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Hi anyone can help me with this matter?

Postby the lynx » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 4:03 pm

vizard87 wrote:Dear friends, anyone can help me with this matter.if a crew resigns or got terminated from the airlines and breaks the bond..would the person still have a chance to get back to another airline?

:???:

What happens between you and the first employer has nothing to do with the other airline. Unless you are talking about subsidiary airlines (Scoot - SIA, MAS - Fireflyz, Qantas - Jetstar) then, yes you will have a problem.

vizard87

Postby vizard87 » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 5:50 pm

thx for helping me out..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hi anyone can help me with this matter?

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 9:50 am

the lynx wrote:
vizard87 wrote:Dear friends, anyone can help me with this matter.if a crew resigns or got terminated from the airlines and breaks the bond..would the person still have a chance to get back to another airline?

:???:

What happens between you and the first employer has nothing to do with the other airline. Unless you are talking about subsidiary airlines (Scoot - SIA, MAS - Fireflyz, Qantas - Jetstar) then, yes you will have a problem.

not exactly .. of late, due to a lot of 'made up time'.. airlines are doing due diligence on verifying the past experience of the candidate, and are asking for CGS !!!

Of course, the higher up the totem pole you are, the more the chance of you getting ratted out ..

BTW, one of the stories on 'past' employment ..

http://sundaytimes.lk/080727/News/sunda ... ws_11.html

vizard87

Postby vizard87 » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:31 pm

ok...thx for the highlight..actually..to say the truth i am in a dilemma now..as i committed theft..when i was in a drunken state..i got fine and no imprisonment..but i broke my bond with my current company..and right now i wish to join another airline..though i know its hard with the fact i have people telling me that i wont have a record and another side telling me i will..thus even putting down whether i am convicted in court is so difficult and heartbreaking for me..as this was my first time ever in a court..and it end my career..thus i do hope someone can advice me whether should i put that tick in the box which ask am i convicted in a court before..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:47 pm

vizard87 wrote:ok...thx for the highlight..actually..to say the truth i am in a dilemma now..as i committed theft..when i was in a drunken state..i got fine and no imprisonment..but i broke my bond with my current company..and right now i wish to join another airline..though i know its hard with the fact i have people telling me that i wont have a record and another side telling me i will..thus even putting down whether i am convicted in court is so difficult and heartbreaking for me..as this was my first time ever in a court..and it end my career..thus i do hope someone can advice me whether should i put that tick in the box which ask am i convicted in a court before..

just .. out of curiosity .. what was your position ? FA/Purser or in the pointy end ?

and did you know that if you are in Singapore, and you are applying for a Singapore based airline, they can always do background checks, whether you declare it or not ? :)

vizard87

Postby vizard87 » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 1:37 pm

I was a FA..i am thinking of applying for JAL..though i know the chances of it are to none for me getting in..

vizard87

Postby vizard87 » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 9:38 pm

but..did anyone try to apply for FA with a record?