Singapore Expats Forum

Yellowcard Concert 15 Sept 2012 - Sentosa

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
rt88

Yellowcard Concert 15 Sept 2012 - Sentosa

Postby rt88 » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 6:37 pm

Hi all,

Planning to go there as I have been wanting to watch them on stage for quite some time ! Anyone else keen to watch them ? I am planning to go there alone, so you are more than welcomed to join me.

Not relying too much on my luck thou, I have asked a lot of people about it but they all have no idea who YellowCard is :(

Also, if we buy together as 2 people it will be cheaper than buying single ticket. 4 tickets and more gets the best price.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?dt.isPortletRequest=true&dt.action=process&dt.provider=PortletWindowProcessChannel&dt.windowProvider.targetPortletChannel=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar/Event&dt.containerName=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar&dt.windowProvider.currentChannelMode=VIEW&dt.window.portletAction=RENDER&contentCode=card0912

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 8:04 pm

Sounds like you're asking someone on a date to a concert.... :lol:

Well, I do know who Yellowcard is, but I'm not that much of a fan to be able to sing to 70% of their songs, and with the Singaporean crowds (no offense) it's just no fun. unless I'm going with like 5 other people that I know of.

I've been to 2 concerts, Jason Mraz and Walk Off The Earth and I've heard from a colleague of mine that went to the F1 Linkin Park concert last year, that the crowd is just.......well, too quiet.

It's just no fun at all to be the only person trying to shout their heart out to their songs, sweating like a pig in the middle of a very crowded spectators, just to brush my arm a little bit while jumping for a song to a "a very nicely clothed" lady with her boyfriend, and heard her hiss "Kena Sai!"...I mean, "Lady! It's an open air concert with a sold out crowd! Of course it will be f*ckin crowded and hot!" and I do remember that there are a lot of couples just staring to Jason Mraz, and not even swinging their hips to his songs, or at the very least tapping their feet... :x

I do remember cursing in my head at a couple that doesn't look like they're having fun at all right in front of me, and like after a third of the concert was done, they just went away....that's a waste of 200 dollars, isn't it?

aaaaaaand I'm talking my heart out, preaching again...never mind...have fun anyway rt88...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

rt88

Postby rt88 » Tue, 11 Sep 2012 1:22 pm

ahaha, to be honest this is my first rock concert. So I guess I have no expectation. But your description sounds really bad... For a Linkin Park concert, I would expect more lol...

Thanks for the headsup, will report back and see if the pattern holds true for this concert ! :P