Singapore Expats Forum

29/M New in town! Looking to meet people.

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
deniall

29/M New in town! Looking to meet people.

Postby deniall » Sat, 08 Sep 2012 5:36 pm

Hey,

Just arrived in Singapore last week from NC, USA. Looking to meet to people in the area, have a drink, or grab a bite, go see a movie, or anything else!

Let me know!

Sjstork

Postby Sjstork » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 1:35 am

Hey also arrived a week ago, 31/m from London. Am up for doing something tomorrow early eve, what are your interests?

Hoping you like football (America version) but not a big deal if not, just would be cool to talk football with someone who gets it!
Don't dream it, do it.

deniall

Postby deniall » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 10:30 am

Yes, I do enjoy American football!! :) I don't think there will be many places to watch games out here though. I'm busy apartment searching the rest of the day, but maybe later this week or next weekend we can grab a pint!

harlyd

Postby harlyd » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 11:23 am

Hey! Let me know if you'd want to meet up for a drink or a bite to eat. 28/f from MN and been here since Jan.

mcsy86

Postby mcsy86 » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:25 pm

[quote="deniall"]Yes, I do enjoy American football!! :) I don't think there will be many places to watch games out here though. I'm busy apartment searching the rest of the day, but maybe later this week or next weekend we can grab a pint![/quote]

hey can i join too? :D

mattks

Postby mattks » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 3:20 pm

American football - I would love to join for this as well. :-) I haven't been able to find anywhere that shows the games, however.

thedougfunnie

Postby thedougfunnie » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 4:19 pm

I'm down for getting some drinks and talking about Football!
I need to brag about my fantasy lineup this season to people that get it!

I grew up just outside of Houston so Texans fan.

Would be cool to get some friends together for games. I'm tempted to just fork out the money for the NFL Game Pass and watch games that way.

Feel free to PM me

Anthony249

Postby Anthony249 » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 6:54 pm

Count me in if there's a place to catch football games. To the person from MN, I'm also from MN. Lived in Minneapolis up until the beginning of this year!

mattks

Postby mattks » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 7:09 pm

thedougfunnie wrote:I grew up just outside of Houston so Texans fan.

Would be cool to get some friends together for games. I'm tempted to just fork out the money for the NFL Game Pass and watch games that way.

Feel free to PM me

Hey, someone from Texas who doesn't have a hardon for the Cowboys! ;-P I'm from Seattle but I actually like the Texans quite a bit. They've been doing well the last couple of years.

What's the NFL game pass cost here?

deniall

Postby deniall » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 7:35 pm

Well,

I would PM all of you, but apparently I haven't made enough posts to be able to PM...

@ harlyd: Definitely wil be interested in meeting up for a drink.. Maybe next weekend?

@ Everyone else about football: Maybe we should schedule a meetup for all of us american football fans and get a few pints.. Anyone have any suggestions on venue?

thedougfunnie

Postby thedougfunnie » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 7:50 pm

mattks wrote:
thedougfunnie wrote:I grew up just outside of Houston so Texans fan.

Feel free to PM me

Hey, someone from Texas who doesn't have a hardon for the Cowboys! ;-P I'm from Seattle but I actually like the Texans quite a bit. They've been doing well the last couple of years.

What's the NFL game pass cost here?

I'm far from a Cowboys fan! I grew up as an Oilers fan.
Game pass is around 200USD for every game, including plays off and the superbowl. Its a pretty good deal as the games are all on demand...with the time difference being what it is, means I can still watch the games.

thedougfunnie

Postby thedougfunnie » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 7:52 pm

deniall wrote:Well,

I would PM all of you, but apparently I haven't made enough posts to be able to PM...

@ harlyd: Definitely wil be interested in meeting up for a drink.. Maybe next weekend?

@ Everyone else about football: Maybe we should schedule a meetup for all of us american football fans and get a few pints.. Anyone have any suggestions on venue?

I work and live quite close to Holland Village, the Pit is a pretty decent bar and the drink prices aren't crazy. I'd be up for grabbing a drink after work or on the weekend.

Sjstork

Postby Sjstork » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:54 am

Spent the entire day flat hunting myself!!

Am definitely up for meeting up to talk football or just to meet new people, would be good if one of you guys can explain fantasy to me as I've never really taken the time to get my head around it.

You can't PM on here until you post 5 times, not scared to put my email on here - Stephenjstork@gmail.com, v.busy this week and next two weekends so may miss you guys getting together but keep me looped in and will make an appearance at some point.

Also, I have game pass and it is definitely worth it. Time difference with US just means you watch the games the next day, just make sure you avoid any media that can give the score away if you want the real experience. Watched Cowboys vs. Giants on Thursday and was lovin' it
Don't dream it, do it.

thedougfunnie

Postby thedougfunnie » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:29 am

Sjstork wrote:
Also, I have game pass and it is definitely worth it. Time difference with US just means you watch the games the next day, just make sure you avoid any media that can give the score away if you want the real experience. Watched Cowboys vs. Giants on Thursday and was lovin' it

Just got the Gamepass up and running last night. I was up pretty late watching the Houston v Miami game.
But works great! was getting a good HD stream and got it hooked up to the big TV...so I'm a tad happy. Could possbly arrange a Monday night game night to watch the Sunday showings if anyone is up for it.

feel free to drop me an email or add me on facebook if thats easier.
dee.patel@me.com

If anyone else is free this week to grab a quick drink then dont hestitate to email me.

deniall

Postby deniall » Tue, 11 Sep 2012 1:56 pm

That sounds like it could be awesome. With the gamepass its commercial free right? (Assuming you watch it on demand)?

You all up for maybe meeting up to discuss some (American) football this Thursday in Holland Village somewhere?