Singapore Expats

Changing employer while EP just got approved on first offer

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Wanxi.y

Changing employer while EP just got approved on first offer

Post by Wanxi.y » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:10 pm

Hi everyone.

I had got a job offer from Company A at end of July and they were applying S pass for me, however it got rejected and it went on appeal. The appeal took weeks and I decided not to wait for the appeal and decline the job offer on 21 Aug. After the cancellation was asked, my status of application got approved during the process. I have asked MOM that the cancellation of appeal takes 7 working days but company A stated it takes 2 to 3 weeks for cancellation to be done. May I know which one is true as up to date, my application status is still under approved but not withdraw.

I really hope that cancellation can be done fast so that I could proceed with another application as I got an offer from Company B after I request cancellation from Company A. May I know why cancellation was not done yet since 7 working days had passed from the date I requested cancellation?

And is it possible for me to apply for work permit instead of EP as the application of first offer still not withdrawn yet?

Please help, anyone? And thank you for all the generous help!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:36 pm

Generally, it take 14 to 21 days for the appeal to be withdrawn by MOM. What they say and what often transpires is not necessarily the same, especially when people decide to play-play. Appeals are heard in the order in which they come in. Therefore, depending on the number of appeals (which are huge due to the curtailing of issuance of passes now) it may take a while. If you new potential employer can't wait, because of greed, you may well lose both jobs.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:41 pm

Talk about bad timing. Getting appeal approved when one decides to forgo the job for which the appeal was made!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 2:40 pm

Greed is a nasty monster that is almost impossible to find an antidote for.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wanxi.y

Post by Wanxi.y » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you for all the insight. Gonna take this as learning experience, as what's done is done, no point regretting. Just hope for the best.

Once again, thank you for your time to answer my questions :)

Wanxi.y

Post by Wanxi.y » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 3:45 pm

Btw, may I know how to check if my first application has been withdrawn? From the status of EP online? Thank you for those who help :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 3:49 pm

Wanxi.y wrote:Btw, may I know how to check if my first application has been withdrawn? From the status of EP online? Thank you for those who help :)
Yes that's the only way. Or you can keep checking with your Employer A.

Wanxi.y

Post by Wanxi.y » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 8:09 pm

Since my EP has been approved in the first offer (Company A), is it a must to cancel the EP first before Company B could apply another EP for me? I haven't get any IPA from company A though.