Singapore Expats Forum

when to go for renewal of REP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
salmanucit
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 4:51 pm

when to go for renewal of REP

Post by salmanucit » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:28 pm

Hi,
I am a PR and my Re-entry Perit (REP) is expiring in November. When should I apply for the renewal for my REP? Or how much time before expiring I can/should apply for the renewal of it? Can i apply for the renewal by the mid of September?
Thanks

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: when to go for renewal of REP

Post by the lynx » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:42 pm

salmanucit wrote:Hi,
I am a PR and my Re-entry Perit (REP) is expiring in November. When should I apply for the renewal for my REP? Or how much time before expiring I can/should apply for the renewal of it? Can i apply for the renewal by the mid of September?
Thanks
Internet is a wonderful tool to find information, even though I'm not even a PR :P
Applicants are advised to renew their REPs not earlier than 3 months before the expiry of their current REP
Source:
http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... tesREP.pdf

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11630
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: when to go for renewal of REP

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:55 pm

the lynx wrote:
salmanucit wrote:Hi,
I am a PR and my Re-entry Perit (REP) is expiring in November. When should I apply for the renewal for my REP? Or how much time before expiring I can/should apply for the renewal of it? Can i apply for the renewal by the mid of September?
Thanks
Internet is a wonderful tool to find information, even though I'm not even a PR :P
Applicants are advised to renew their REPs not earlier than 3 months before the expiry of their current REP
Source:
http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... tesREP.pdf
And... it takes about 5 minutes online IF

a) You are living here
b) You are working for a Singapore company

salmanucit
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 4:51 pm

Post by salmanucit » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks thelynx and Strong Eagle,
I tried to search on net but could not fine, I could only find following where this point is not mentioned.
http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=152&secid=150

Thanks for you help :)

Salman

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36509
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:40 pm

The following link is found on the link page you posted. You will need a SingPass if you don't have one already. You can walk into any CPF board and apply and receive one on the spot.
Procedure

Submit your application online via Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP) with a SingPass account before the expiry date of your current REP.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 2:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The following link is found on the link page you posted. You will need a SingPass if you don't have one already. You can walk into any CPF board and apply and receive one on the spot.
Procedure

Submit your application online via Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP) with a SingPass account before the expiry date of your current REP.
Can apply online also lah!

https://www.singpass.gov.sg/sppubsvc/req1.html

I did that too myself last time.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36509
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 2:43 pm

Only reason I didn't include that is that is still takes 4 days while going to the CPF board it's instantaneous. ;-)

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Post by bro75 » Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:39 pm

Just take note that when you apply early, let's say Sept for a November expiring REP, you will lose two months. If renewal is approved on Sept 2012, your REP will next expire on Sept 2017 (assuming 5 yr REP). But the advantage is that you stop worrying earlier. :)

User avatar
Godfather_Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:42 am

Post by Godfather_Justin » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 1:09 pm

After filled in the necessary info required online, you will get your REP approved immediately... oh ya, do not apply too early...

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests