Singapore Expats Forum

Low Wages

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:25 am

ecureilx wrote:So .. while there are expats who will not, for, say an Oracle DBA, even talk about it for less than 6,000 $ minimum, as I speak, one of the vendors I know engaged a pretty nice young DBA, for 1,800 - and get this - she does know her stuff .. and understood my requirements without any cross questioning and for the first time probably, I got a clean DB Instance delivered with minimum fuss ..


1,800S$? DBA le :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Budget Expat"

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:29 am

v4jr4 wrote:1,800S$? DBA le :shock: :shock: :shock:


No kidding .. and on 11g - and picture perfect when she identified the root cause of some midnight errors too ;)

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:38 am

ecureilx wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:1,800S$? DBA le :shock: :shock: :shock:


No kidding .. and on 11g - and picture perfect when she identified the root cause of some midnight errors too ;)


SC or FT? Still, DBA for 1,800S$ . . .
"Budget Expat"

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 1:44 pm

..
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 1:53 pm

And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:02 pm

x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)


Oops .. DBA -> Data Base Administrator ..

v4jr4: FT

revhappy: On a DP - but .. still at that rate, that was a shocker ... and nationality -> no comments :)






well, she did look a lot less heavier than 60 kg
Last edited by ecureilx on Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:04 pm

x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:10 pm

revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:


x9200 is not an IT person ;) he thinks chemically .. :D :D

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:12 pm

..
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:
revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:


x9200 is not an IT person ;) he thinks chemically .. :D :D

I am sufficiently IT I think but I guess admin and analysts are rather different roles professionally or not? (the rest was more of a teasing)

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 2:32 pm

..
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 3:47 pm

x9200 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:


x9200 is not an IT person ;) he thinks chemically .. :D :D

I am sufficiently IT I think but I guess admin and analysts are rather different roles professionally or not? (the rest was more of a teasing)


I've seen so much mix and match and overlap with IT titles that I ignore the last word, be it Admin, Analyst, Engineer, Specialist. They all do the same crap mostly :P

And "Sr." is almost exclusively resume embellishment :P Hell, way back when I even used that argument during a review to get a promotion. (Make me Sr. xxxx analyst. 'Why?' Resume embellishment. 'Ok.')

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 4:40 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:


x9200 is not an IT person ;) he thinks chemically .. :D :D

I am sufficiently IT I think but I guess admin and analysts are rather different roles professionally or not? (the rest was more of a teasing)


I've seen so much mix and match and overlap with IT titles that I ignore the last word, be it Admin, Analyst, Engineer, Specialist. They all do the same crap mostly :P

And "Sr." is almost exclusively resume embellishment :P Hell, way back when I even used that argument during a review to get a promotion. (Make me Sr. xxxx analyst. 'Why?' Resume embellishment. 'Ok.')


It isnt as bad as the titles for real estate agents though. I saw an agent's pamphlet with a title "Team Director", lol
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 4:42 pm

revhappy wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:And what is DBA? DB analyst/admin/assistant? or a PhD equivalent of MBA? Or dibutylamine? $1800 per 60kg (assuming the girl is not too heavy) is more less the right price for the last one :)



He has mentioned 11g so its an Oracle DBA :wink:


x9200 is not an IT person ;) he thinks chemically .. :D :D

I am sufficiently IT I think but I guess admin and analysts are rather different roles professionally or not? (the rest was more of a teasing)


I've seen so much mix and match and overlap with IT titles that I ignore the last word, be it Admin, Analyst, Engineer, Specialist. They all do the same crap mostly :P

And "Sr." is almost exclusively resume embellishment :P Hell, way back when I even used that argument during a review to get a promotion. (Make me Sr. xxxx analyst. 'Why?' Resume embellishment. 'Ok.')


It isnt as bad as the titles for real estate agents though. I saw an agent's pamphlet with a title "Team Director", lol


Or a manager of a department that has no other employee except the said "manager".

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 4:51 pm

the lynx wrote:Or a manager of a department that has no other employee except the said "manager".


still that's better than a VP with nobody reporting to him :D :D .. yah, been there .. done that ..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests