Singapore Expats

Shu Uemura hair products locally?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Shu Uemura hair products locally?

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 9:38 am

Hi,

Does anyone know a place where you can get Shu Uemura hair products locally? Or a Shu Uemura salon? Every place I've seen in malls and at Changi only carry the cosmetics.

Bonus points if you know of a place in JB that sells it.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Shu Uemura hair products locally?

Post by the lynx » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:18 am

zzm9980 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know a place where you can get Shu Uemura hair products locally? Or a Shu Uemura salon? Every place I've seen in malls and at Changi only carry the cosmetics.

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, #B1-149

Malaysia won't have one, not for now (unless it has reached there before I know it).

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:20 am

I don't know how I missed that especially considering it has "hair" in its name, but thanks ! :D

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 2:57 pm

Tebrau City in JB also have Shu Uemera's flagship store but most of the products I've seen there are cosmetics. You may wanna take a look if they have the hair range as well.

For your info, The Art of Hair range has been in Singapore for more than a year so you may have a shot in Malaysia (with diligent digging around).

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 3:56 pm

It is here? I haven't looked in about a year (right around when I moved here)... Maybe I should check all the shops I did last time again. This reason this came up is because I felt really silly buying four of these last week in the US:

The girl that cuts my hair there (I don't like to say 'stylist' since I'm a guy :P ) told me last time I did that another customer in the shop got upset because I bought all of them out while she was getting her hair cut. So anyway, I feel it's time to try and source it locally, again.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 4:00 pm

In all honesty, I don't use Shu Uemera's products because I find them ridiculously expensive but I have not tried them so I don't know if the product justifies the price.

On the other hand I use Kerastase products, which are more affordable and they are fine.

..AND I thought you were asking for your wife's use...

:-|

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 4:28 pm

Me? I use neutral Kiwi Polish! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 8:20 pm

the lynx wrote: ..AND I thought you were asking for your wife's use...

:-|
She'd kill me if she knew how much this stuff cost. It smells nice though!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 08 Sep 2012 7:56 pm

the lynx wrote:

Malaysia won't have one, not for now (unless it has reached there before I know it).
Well I went there today. Unfortunately they just looked at me funny and insisted such a product doesn't exist and it must be a different brand. I found it on Google Images, and they passed my iPhone around in shock that no one has ever heard of it.

Anyway, guess I'm SOL :/

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Sat, 08 Sep 2012 9:40 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
the lynx wrote:

Well I went there today. Unfortunately they just looked at me funny and insisted such a product doesn't exist and it must be a different brand. I found it on Google Images, and they passed my iPhone around in shock that no one has ever heard of it.

Anyway, guess I'm SOL :/
It only means that it will take a while before that particular product hit Singapore. Still I'm surprised that of all the places, The Shoppes outlet doesn't have it and it is supposed to be the flagship store for Art of Hair range...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 11:19 am

This is the 'ACTION HAIR' salon place on the second floor, right? I didn't happen to take note of the store number...

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:33 pm

zzm9980 wrote:This is the 'ACTION HAIR' salon place on the second floor, right? I didn't happen to take note of the store number...
What? It is on B1...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah, same place. The floor numbering at Shoppes@MBS just seems backwards to me. It feels like the second floor, not basement 1. :)

xerxes

Post by xerxes » Fri, 14 Dec 2012 6:31 pm

HI zzm,

I am looking for Shu Uemura Art of Hair styling products in Singapore for quite some time too. Even the Shu Uemura counters, they do carry the Art of Hair series like shampoos and conditioners but unfortunately not the sculpting paste/putty.

I used to order from overseas the Art of Hair sculpting paste, simply love the smell and it does its job well for me at least. But I would like to try out the Yokan product this time.

Do let me know if you are lucky enough to find it in Singapore.