Singapore Expats Forum

PR Rejected after 6 months of waiting

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:21 pm

I am waiting for a few things and will write a more detailed post to seek help understand my future prospects in a few days.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 2:05 pm

vishalgupta2 wrote:My problem is it's very stressful to live in uncertainity of whether I will be able to renew my Visa and reluctance of many employers in hiring Non PRs/SCs.

Get a PEP then. If you're rejected for a PEP, you'd have no chance for a PR anyway.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 2:19 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:My problem is it's very stressful to live in uncertainity of whether I will be able to renew my Visa and reluctance of many employers in hiring Non PRs/SCs.

Get a PEP then. If you're rejected for a PEP, you'd have no chance for a PR anyway.

For real? I thought PEP is just like an EP+, which can't be fully "considered" as a "parameter" to get a PR.
"Budget Expat"

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 2:29 pm

When the PEP was initially launched around 5 years ago it was to be a stepping stone to PR. Unfortunately, it was, like most things here, abused by the EP holders as nothing more than a long term LTVP so they didn't have to worry about leaving the country once their job was lost to a local. However, the requirement are approximately that which would be required for PR, so it's a good "test" application that will not have any adverse effects on your EP or a future PR application. Other than the fact that it would say, an noted, you wouldn't be an acceptable applicant for PR.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 4:53 pm

Right, what SMS said. If you don't qualify for a PEP, there's no way you'll qualify for a PR. If you do qualify, you know that you still have a chance. And if mr vishalgupta wants a PR for peace of mind with regards to his employment situation, the PEP would minimally offer that.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 5:19 pm

zzm9980 wrote:

But then PEP doesnt help you save the 10% ABSS :P
Last edited by revhappy on Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 5:23 pm

PR is different ballgame all together. Dont mix the 2.
Last edited by revhappy on Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 5:49 pm

No, but it lets you know where you stand. :wink:

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 9:11 pm

There you go!
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.as ... c=business

With banks moving IT jobs to India and Poland, what use would a PR be to Indians anyways, as it is the market is so tiny here. Its only going to shrink further.
Last edited by revhappy on Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 9:24 am

revhappy wrote:There you go!
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.as ... c=business

With banks moving IT jobs to India and Poland, what use would a PR be to Indians anyways, as it is the market is so tiny here. Its only going to shrink further.

It makes sense to me. India will be less expensive, and give almost the same quality as you get in Singapore. Poland will give you a much higher quality work force, and I can't imagine costs would be much higher than Singapore. Plus, same/close time-zone to Zurich.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 9:25 am

revhappy wrote: PR is different ballgame all together. Dont mix the 2.

No confusion or mixing at all. But if the OP doesn't get approved for a PEP, then they know to not even consider a PR. Kind of like, if you can't ride a bicycle, don't even think about trying for a motorcycle license.

eviswana

Postby eviswana » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for all the insights on the topic and would like to have the advice from the members whether should I apply for a PEP as am definitely interested in a long term in Singapore. I also heard there are some downfalls of PEP as it is not renewable and in that case what happens after 5 years if approved.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 9:40 am

eviswana wrote:Thanks for all the insights on the topic and would like to have the advice from the members whether should I apply for a PEP as am definitely interested in a long term in Singapore. I also heard there are some downfalls of PEP as it is not renewable and in that case what happens after 5 years if approved.

There are no disadvantages really.

If you're not a PR in 5 years and you're still working here, your company applies for an EP for you.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:19 am

An Indonesian chinese on Q2 pass completes 2 years here applies for PR, will most likely get it. But surely wont get the PEP.
Last edited by revhappy on Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:44 am

Last edited by revhappy on Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.