Singapore Expats

PR Rejected after 6 months of waiting

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
eviswana

PR Rejected after 6 months of waiting

Post by eviswana » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 1:47 pm

I have got the rejection letter from the ICA recently and would need the forum's help to understand the reason which could be for the rejection.

Am an Indian been in Singapore for 3 years now (3 Yrs Tax paid)
Applied along with my wife and 2 daughters (2nd daughter born in Singapore)
Working as a regional manager with an EP P1 pass.

Applied in the month of Feb and got the rejection letter in the month of August.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 1:53 pm

Search this forum ('Search', in the grid in upper right corner of the page) for "pr indian". You'll find the answer to your question.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 3:30 pm

Bet he's got an Indian masters.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

eviswana

Post by eviswana » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 3:37 pm

After going through multiple other posts as suggested for "pr indian" it looks like the only challenge is the race... Any suggestion as whether i can reapply and if yes, do i need to wait for 6 months more (nothing was mentioned in the rejection letter).

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 3:40 pm

eviswana wrote:After going through multiple other posts as suggested for "pr indian" it looks like the only challenge is the race... Any suggestion as whether i can reapply and if yes, do i need to wait for 6 months more (nothing was mentioned in the rejection letter).
If your letter never mention anything about reapplying (after certain number of months or years), I'm sorry to say that you and your family have to be ready to pack your bags and leave once your P1 expires or renewal rejected. :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 4:29 pm

Actually, that may not be entirely correct as most of the letters of finality have been the ones with you are welcome to continue to work on an employment pass, yadda, yadda, yadda.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 8:23 pm

eviswana wrote:After going through multiple other posts as suggested for "pr indian" it looks like the only challenge is the race... Any suggestion as whether i can reapply and if yes, do i need to wait for 6 months more (nothing was mentioned in the rejection letter).
As a matter of fact your only asset is the P1 EP. Everything else you mentioned works against you or does not tick the right boxes. What was the exact wording the used in the rejection letter? Was there the phrase SMS has mentioned?

eviswana

Post by eviswana » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 8:49 pm

The letter mentions "After careful assessment, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful. Neverthless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid work pass"

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:20 pm

eviswana wrote:The letter mentions "After careful assessment, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful. Neverthless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid work pass"
In that case, you have no chance without significant changes to your application. A boy or two who becomes a PR and a 35%+ base salary increase would be a good start.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:27 pm

Otherwise, don't even bother trying to appeal. That letter, for all intents & purposes, is the kiss of farewell. You lose your EP, your are gone.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:30 pm

eviswana wrote:The letter mentions "After careful assessment, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful. Neverthless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid work pass"
Yup that's the axe to your rope here. Like what the other guys mentioned, get a son and a significant pay raise, then try again.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 31 Aug 2012 7:32 am

Survive here longer. 3y is just at the border of the minimum requirement. 5-6y will show your persistence to put your roots in Singapore and with a son your chances will improve drastically.
I wonder though if having 8 daughters and one son at the end of the battle will do any good the application.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Aug 2012 8:22 am

For that, they would probably roll out the red carpet because double handedly they are out doing 16 Singaporean couples in the baby stakes! ;-) So many females? Singaporean female national service : future baby ovens. :cool:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 31 Aug 2012 9:13 am

So you are saying now all the sudden they want more Indians here? :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Aug 2012 9:33 am

:oops!: :shit:

That's what I get for not going back and rereading the first post!

Would be a sure way to probably get a paid ticket to go home!