Singapore Expats Forum

Briton ‘paid’ to get molest charge dropped - would you?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 4:31 pm

Not at all. If the molestation is only technical no miscarriage of justice was done. No crime was committed. It is a case for a civil law for a payment for a retro-prostitution.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 5:23 pm

x9200 wrote:Not at all. If the molestation is only technical no miscarriage of justice was done. No crime was committed. It is a case for a civil law for a payment for a retro-prostitution.


True. No crime therefore no injustice - just payment for touching as the locals say. Still sucks.

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 7:22 pm

might be cheaper to get a hooker for the weekend. at those rates anywhere up to $10k. you can probably get enough hookers to last the month

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 7:35 pm

The extra they paid was for a freedom of choice :)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10402
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 7:48 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/09/11/another-foreigner-pays-money-to-get-molest-charge-dropped/

Two more, including a Singapore airline hostesss getting $10,000!


Fingers on the inner thigh? I hope he got to go "way up high" for that kind of cash.

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:55 pm

x9200 wrote:The extra they paid was for a freedom of choice :)


last i checked, plenty of hookers to choose from along geylang, and orchard towers too.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 9:11 am

sensei_ wrote:
x9200 wrote:The extra they paid was for a freedom of choice :)


last i checked, plenty of hookers to choose from along geylang, and orchard towers too.


All hookers offer the same general set of services. They just adjust price based on location. e.g., Orchard Tower is a fair amount pricier than Geylang, Brix > OT, etc. Just take that price inflation a few orders of magnitude higher, and you have come to $10k for a few seconds on an SQ flight :)

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:31 am

zzm9980 wrote:All hookers offer the same general set of services. They just adjust price based on location. e.g., Orchard Tower is a fair amount pricier than Geylang, Brix > OT, etc. Just take that price inflation a few orders of magnitude higher, and you have come to $10k for a few seconds on an SQ flight :)


still nuts. if i was that desperate to fondle a girl i might as well take $2k and head somewhere where i can fondle all i want, and maybe even get some (paid but without any legal issues). but hey, if thats how they want to spend their money who am i to comment.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:37 am

Thing is, these people they'd get lucky and get some for "free." But then, the girl decides to turn the tables and extort them for money. If these people know this will happen most of the time, we'd see more racial diversity of patrons in Geylang.

:P

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 6:09 pm

nakatago wrote:Thing is, these people they'd get lucky and get some for "free." But then, the girl decides to turn the tables and extort them for money. If these people know this will happen most of the time, we'd see more racial diversity of patrons in Geylang.

:P


i guess they never heard the saying "no such thing as a free lunch, pay one way or another"

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:10 am

You've said it better than I could have. And you're right, whore-ish is what it is.

I know I throw the K word around a lot, but I can't help feel a guy out on the town and within his boundaries is at risk falling victim to a woman he jilts out of disinterest who later turns the cards on him in spite by crying grab-ass.


nakatago wrote:All this seems whore-ish to me.

If it catches on, then it will inevitable build a reputation that these women are whores (but in a different way). More than their 'modesty' will be outraged.

Let them be. Men will learn to keep their hands to themselves (or to willing people), these shallow women will get their money and angry people will have another reason to lash out at the world.

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 9:21 am

For $10K you could get a flight to Japan (probably business class) and go to the groping bars in Tokyo.
nutnut

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:19 am

nutnut wrote:For $10K you could get a flight to Japan (probably business class) and go to the groping bars in Tokyo.


whats the standard of girls there like?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 1:12 pm

sensei_ wrote:
nutnut wrote:For $10K you could get a flight to Japan (probably business class) and go to the groping bars in Tokyo.


whats the standard of girls there like?


If you're not Japanese or an Asian/Caucasian that speaks impeccable Japanese, probably pretty bad!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10402
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 2:09 pm

nutnut wrote:For $10K you could get a flight to Japan (probably business class) and go to the groping bars in Tokyo.


You mean like the bars on Duxton Hill? Don't need to go to Japan.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests