Singapore Expats

Letter of Consent approved - Sharing info for DP holders

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Anamika

Letter of Consent approved - Sharing info for DP holders

Post by Anamika » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:00 am

Hi all,

I am a DP holder, relocated to SG from Bangalore five months back. I have been searching and reading in this forum about Letter of Consent and associated details that would entitle a DP holder to work in Singapore. Many thanks to all who had posted relevant information on the same, your posts came in handy while talking to employers. Many employers were willing to employ only Singaporeans/PRs and some were not well informed about the Letter of Consent for DP holders. Started looking out for work in the month of August, found an employer who was willing to process LOC for me and happy to share with you all that the LOC got approved in a day. My employer applied for it through EP online in MOM website.

Hope this information will be of some help to other DP holders who are exploring the possibility of working in Singapore. It is not that tough and I would advise job seekers to educate the employers about LOC, many didn't seem to have a fair idea about it and were quite reluctant to even consider DP holders' application.

Thanks and best regards,
Anamika

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:05 am

I recently applied for a LOC to employ a DP holder and also got approved in a day

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:36 am

Thanks, Anamika, for the update. I'm sure there are reader/lurkers here that will be glad to read of another successful LoC applicant. As I noted years ago, the key is often just educating the potential employers. ;-)

It's rare that the LoC is rejected. I've only heard of one so far and that's because, I believe, that the job seeker never finished schooling (that would really tick off the locals - as if they don't have enough reasons to be already).

And yeah, it normally only takes a day.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gauraviit

LoC pending

Post by gauraviit » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:20 pm

hi guys,

Would you be able to advice/ share similar exp. what should be our next step since the LoC is pending with MoM since 3rd Oct 2012.?