Singapore Expats Forum

Families

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
xandersdad1

Families

Postby xandersdad1 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 9:58 am

All these topics seem to be singles looking for friends. Why isn't there a consolidated location for the family oriented user to locate like-minded families? When I go out to meet friends, I would prefer to bring my family to meet up with theirs. The day to day life of Singapore already takes up so much time so family time and friendly bonding at the same time is a double benefit.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:27 am

We simply don't have enough of them, save those parents wanting to meet other parents with similarly aged children for playdates and stuff.

Feel free to invite people, though.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Families

Postby the lynx » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:38 am

xandersdad1 wrote:All these topics seem to be singles looking for friends. Why isn't there a consolidated location for the family oriented user to locate like-minded families? When I go out to meet friends, I would prefer to bring my family to meet up with theirs. The day to day life of Singapore already takes up so much time so family time and friendly bonding at the same time is a double benefit.

You can try here. I assume if they want playdates for their kids, they also want to get to know their parents as well.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum63.html

xandersdad1

Re: Families

Postby xandersdad1 » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:39 am

the lynx wrote:
xandersdad1 wrote:All these topics seem to be singles looking for friends. Why isn't there a consolidated location for the family oriented user to locate like-minded families? When I go out to meet friends, I would prefer to bring my family to meet up with theirs. The day to day life of Singapore already takes up so much time so family time and friendly bonding at the same time is a double benefit.

You can try here. I assume if they want playdates for their kids, they also want to get to know their parents as well.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum63.html

Not really looking for playdates. We are looking for families that we can call friends, but thank you for the help.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:02 am

How old are your kids? Maybe that information would be a good start, I know that families meeting may have different requirements depending on this kind of information, for instance, you wouldn't take a 15 year old to Pollywogs in East Coast and likewise you wouldn't take a 4 year old paintballing.

nutnut
nutnut