Singapore Expats Forum

Apply work permit. Need advices!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sueng02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 17 Jun 2012

Apply work permit. Need advices!

Postby sueng02 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 6:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Currently Im holding work permit. As Iam married with Singapore Citizen, there is no quota or work levy will be paid by MOM website.

My work permit is expired soon in another week. I got a new job and new employer would like to apply work permit for me.

I called up MOM to check that I need to cancel current work permit before apply new work permit.

My question is do I need to apply ltvp after I cancel current work permit? How long can I stay here after cancellation?

Can my new employer apply work permit immidiately after that?

Thank you
Have a nice day!

sueng02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 17 Jun 2012

Postby sueng02 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:12 am

Does anyone give me advices?

I appreciate your help!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun, 06 Jun 2010
Location: Bangkok

Postby carlsum1986 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 2:16 pm

i think you get 30days svp after cancellation then your employer can apply for your new work permit

sueng02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 17 Jun 2012

Postby sueng02 » Sat, 22 Sep 2012 9:27 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:i think you get 30days svp after cancellation then your employer can apply for your new work permit


Hi, after cancel my work permit, I applied Long term visit pass to ICA.

My question is can new employer apply work permit for me while processing LTVP or I have to get LTVP first ?

Thank you

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 7:41 am

sueng02 wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:i think you get 30days svp after cancellation then your employer can apply for your new work permit


Hi, after cancel my work permit, I applied Long term visit pass to ICA.

My question is can new employer apply work permit for me while processing LTVP or I have to get LTVP first ?

Thank you


Can

sueng02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 17 Jun 2012

Postby sueng02 » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 2:52 pm

Can


Thanks for quickly reply. I am very nervous that I am only holding SVP 30days while processing ltvp under Singapore spouse scheme

from your reply that new employer can apply work permit whild processing ltvp. What if i get rejected? Anyone has similar case with me?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:01 am

sueng02 wrote:What if i get rejected? Anyone has similar case with me?


Then you leave at the end of your SVP or LTVP, whichever you're on at the time of rejection.

Plenty with similar cases.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests