Singapore Expats Forum

Would Julian Assange have commited 'rape rape' in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Would Julian Assange have commited 'rape rape' in Singapore

Postby offshoreoildude » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:51 am

If JA had done what he did in Sweden with two women, would he have been charged with rape or would it have been considered rape at all?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34273
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:04 am

Considering one can accidentally brush/bump into a bimbo in a crowded club here and be charge with "outraging the modesty of" I'd have to say probably yes.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 1:07 pm

And if he was in an embassy in Singapore, he could probably climb out the bathroom window and slip out of the country? :oops:

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 1:50 pm

'Rape rape'?! I thought this would somehow be related to Sen. Todd Akin

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 2:22 pm

Legitimate rape? :?

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 3:49 pm

say twice means very issit? rape rape means very rape lah!
nutnut

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 3:52 pm

nakatago wrote:'Rape rape'?! I thought this would somehow be related to Sen. Todd Akin


Rape Rape is what Whoppi Goldberg coined when she questioned a rape case sometime ago ...

she asked - "is it just rape or really 'rape... rape'"...

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10418
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Would Julian Assange have commited 'rape rape' in Singap

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 6:05 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:If JA had done what he did in Sweden with two women, would he have been charged with rape or would it have been considered rape at all?


How is consensual sex "rape"? For example, Woman A had consensual sex with him, slept with him all night in the same bed, but alleges that the next morning, he put it in again without her consent. He also live in her flat from Aug 11 to Aug 19, having sex. This is rape?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 6:18 pm

What about the no-condom part? In most of the western world, a woman can withdraw consent mid-act and the man must oblige or it can be rape. If the woman said "you must use a condom" and he didn't, sounds like no consent to me.

Of course, none of us know what really transpired in that room.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 8:57 pm

zzm9980 wrote:What about the no-condom part? In most of the western world, a woman can withdraw consent mid-act and the man must oblige or it can be rape. If the woman said "you must use a condom" and he didn't, sounds like no consent to me.

Of course, none of us know what really transpired in that room.


Agreed but it's the ladies against one man (which is why I think two honeypots were used). In Australia he would be guilty of rape for not stopping the absolute second he was told to, there was a very famous case of the '20 second rapist' who continued for 20 seconds to completion after being told 'stop!'. He was convicted and continued appealing - believe it or not he eventually found enough evidence to show that he had been set up by a former girlfriend/wife - she had convinced the woman he copulated with to cry rape. Of course the feminazis (99% of Aussie women) didn't bother writing PHD winning thesis on that one,

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:22 am

I'm not even saying I believe the women completely, but it's just so popular in the media today to completely lynch the male and canonize the female 'victim' in the media before even a shred of evidence is heard on either side that I have to be skeptical at all of the unflinching assumptions that an egotistical skumbag like Julian Assange must be innocent and that it's all a setup.

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon, 19 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby scarbowl » Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:35 pm

Aside from the alleged sexual assault, his other behaviours would cause him to be put in the slammer or tossed out.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Sun, 26 Aug 2012 2:02 pm

scarbowl wrote:Aside from the alleged sexual assault, his other behaviours would cause him to be put in the slammer or tossed out.


In Singapore yes, because of course there is no free press nor real protection for whistle blowers.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 5:35 am

offshoreoildude wrote:
scarbowl wrote:Aside from the alleged sexual assault, his other behaviours would cause him to be put in the slammer or tossed out.


In Singapore yes, because of course there is no free press nor real protection for whistle blowers.


The allegations against him (and what his Interpol warrant is for) are for sexual assault/rape in Sweden; they have nothing to do with any of his wiki-leaks activities.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10418
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:03 am

zzm9980 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:
scarbowl wrote:Aside from the alleged sexual assault, his other behaviours would cause him to be put in the slammer or tossed out.


In Singapore yes, because of course there is no free press nor real protection for whistle blowers.


The allegations against him (and what his Interpol warrant is for) are for sexual assault/rape in Sweden; they have nothing to do with any of his wiki-leaks activities.


All depends whether or not you believe he was the victim of a honey pot scheme.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hunt.html


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests