Singapore Expats

Driving license for a Motorbike 125 cc

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
juansanchez

Driving license for a Motorbike 125 cc

Post by juansanchez » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 4:13 pm

Hi guys

Anybody is driving a motorbike 125 cc? Do you know what license do you need? I have my car license from Europe. Is that enough?

Thanks in advance,

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Driving license for a Motorbike 125 cc

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 5:11 pm

juansanchez wrote:Hi guys

Anybody is driving a motorbike 125 cc? Do you know what license do you need?
Class 2B
I have my car license from Europe. Is that enough?
No. You need a motorcycle license.
Thanks in advance,
No problem.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 07 Sep 2012 7:16 pm

Which European country are you from? In your country do they allow you to ride a motorcycle with a car license?

Singapore rules are as strict if not stricter than Europe. If you have experience of riding in the your home country and your license allows you to do that you book for the BTT 1st and pass the test. Its cheap 11$, nothing to lose. Then bring your license for the TP to check with proof of ownership of bike in your country. You may be lucky if the TP is having a good day.

If it doesnt work or you have no motorcycle driving experience then no choice you need start from beginning and get a 2B license

A 125CC, 15HP is all you need to get from pt A to pt B, but with class 2b which is lowest category you can go up 200CC and that is the perfect capacity for singapore for its highways.

I am so glad I was able to convert my Indian license and now riding a 200CC bike, now I cant imagine life without my bike as it cuts down my travel time from 45 mins one way to just 10 mins as I live 5 kms away from office. Tampines to CBP. The bike enables me to come home for lunch and spend valuable time with wife and my little baby, thats priceless!

iamnorah

Post by iamnorah » Sat, 08 Sep 2012 10:22 am

Hi,

I ride my scooter when i ride alone & drive with family.
It works for me.

If you have riding experience & driving experience , i am sure you won't have problem to pass practical/theory lesson & practical test here.

I met a foreign friend while in class.
She rides a scooter too her Country i think it was Rome.

here the link to Class2B
http://www.cdc.com.sg/class2B-200cc.htm

I spend about $600 for Lesson & lot of time in the evenings.
That was 14 yrs ago; and about 4mths later i remember; i was so happy with the decisions to ride & drive in Singapore.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards
Nura Ashari
[email protected]