Singapore Expats Forum

The Future King of Australia is visiting Singapore!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

The Future King of Australia is visiting Singapore!

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 7:15 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... ilee-tour/

(CBS News, 21 Aug) – Prince William and Duchess Kate will be ambassadors again next month for Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee tour. This time, the royal couple will head out to Singapore.

Last summer just months after their wedding, the pair took a trip to North America on behalf of the Queen and now in September they will head to Singapore then to Malaysia, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will touch down in Singapore on Sept. 11, according to St. James’s Palace.

NOW my questions;

Is QEII Queen of Singapore? No - I don't think so.
Will Prince William visit the very strange HDB apartment on Lor 4 TP (near blk 182 - reputdely built for QEII's visit in the 80's\0.
How do I get an invite? (You can imagine the posturing and blowhards in the British High Comm right now!).

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 8:56 pm

hmmmm... where would they visit in singapore? here's some good ones from me...

newton circus
geylang
HDB (yeah, that's a god one)
OT (maybe not, leave that for harry)

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:27 pm

Geylang? For durian? :P

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby sensei_ » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:00 am

Frog leg porridge too.

User avatar
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed, 29 Nov 2006
Location: A More Lucky Spot

Re: The Future King of Australia is visiting Singapore!

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:14 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:NOW my questions;

Is QEII Queen of Singapore? No - I don't think so.



It has far less to do with being Queen of Singapore and more to being Head of the Commonwealth, of which Singapore and Malaysia are included.

Wonder if the take the 10-12hr sleeper train up to KL after hoping over the Causeway on scooters. :D
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Re: The Future King of Australia is visiting Singapore!

Postby offshoreoildude » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 7:34 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:NOW my questions;

Is QEII Queen of Singapore? No - I don't think so.



It has far less to do with being Queen of Singapore and more to being Head of the Commonwealth, of which Singapore and Malaysia are included.

Wonder if the take the 10-12hr sleeper train up to KL after hoping over the Causeway on scooters. :D


True -although Singapore is a lot less 'Royalist' than Australia for example.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 8:25 pm

They are only royalist when it's pragmatic to do so. e.g., international exposure if the royals visit Singapore; or, when they need to hire a Queen's Council so Harry can sue some poor sod into oblivion.

User avatar
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed, 29 Nov 2006
Location: A More Lucky Spot

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:... or, when they need to hire a Queen's Council so Harry can sue some poor sod into oblivion.



To be fair, I think Harry is loving the um, err, exposure but it looks like somebody forgot the mantra, 'What happens in Vegas......'

At least he did the decent thing and cover the crown jewels so he must have known some photos would be going around. But he's not his brother, there isn't the level of expectation on him (certainly given his history), he's single and more importantly he's a ging :lol:
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'



SIR Stirling Moss OBE

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:58 am

Didn't think about that. I was actually referring to a Harry a bit closer to us here. (Suing any opposition). Double whammy! :lol:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 2:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Didn't think about that. I was actually referring to a Harry a bit closer to us here. (Suing any opposition). Double whammy! :lol:


I think Scooby and I thought of the other Harry :P :lol:

Travailes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2011

Re: The Future King of Australia is visiting Singapore!

Postby Travailes » Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:56 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:NOW my questions;

Is QEII Queen of Singapore? No - I don't think so.



It has far less to do with being Queen of Singapore and more to being Head of the Commonwealth, of which Singapore and Malaysia are included.

Wonder if the take the 10-12hr sleeper train up to KL after hoping over the Causeway on scooters. :D


True -although Singapore is a lot less 'Royalist' than Australia for example.


You need to get out more !
There are more Union Jacks in Singapore that in the UK !
Seems to be the 'must have' logo these days.
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone gets to dance with the grim reaper.

User avatar
Splatted
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2004

Postby Splatted » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:41 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:... or, when they need to hire a Queen's Council so Harry can sue some poor sod into oblivion.



To be fair, I think Harry is loving the um, err, exposure but it looks like somebody forgot the mantra, 'What happens in Vegas......'

At least he did the decent thing and cover the crown jewels so he must have known some photos would be going around.


Nawww... poor Harry.... even this will blow over...

Image

...but till then... LOL


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests