Singapore Expats

HELP regarding Employment PASS

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 4:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Jon, I believe they are giving rudimentary explanations but nothing that you can pin on them. They do this to keep lots of people from "fabricating" custom made applications to try to "trick" or "massage" their applications in order to obtain an EP. We get them on here all the time asking someone who was successful what exactly the put on their Applications. No two applications are the same and each and every tic is given a certain weightage and probably combinations of tics are given weightage as well. MOM keeps that information, like ICA, very close to their collective chests. It's understandable why if you read enough of the thread on this forum. :roll:
I had a giggle the other day when I took a quick look at the Airline Careers forum and saw a suggestion that everyone should share the 'random question' they were asked during their interview, so that future applicants can prepare their answers. :roll:
Be careful what you wish for

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 17 Aug 2012 9:11 pm

Jon Snow wrote:@friendlybossy : why pay "an Indian " 6.5K ? idk maybe us "Indians" are good at our jobs , that's why.

And the company just set up shop in Singapore. I would think the Singapore govt did a background check on it before letting it do business there , wouldn't you :roll:
You know nothing, Jon Snow.
(Sorry, punlol)

Anyway, I think friendlyboss's not-so-friendly posting was just meant to ask you why they would hire you over any other fresher in Singapore? Gahmen is under huge pressure by the xenophobic populace to reduce foreigners. Indians and PRC being the least desirable in the locals eyes (Again, xenophobia and racism). For anyone but the very best qualified non-local applications, Winter is Coming.

(Sorry, did it again!)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:29 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
Jon Snow wrote:@friendlybossy : why pay "an Indian " 6.5K ? idk maybe us "Indians" are good at our jobs , that's why.

And the company just set up shop in Singapore. I would think the Singapore govt did a background check on it before letting it do business there , wouldn't you :roll:
(Sorry, punlol)

Anyway, I think friendlyboss's not-so-friendly posting was just meant to ask you why they would hire you over any other fresher in Singapore? Gahmen is under huge pressure by the xenophobic populace to reduce foreigners. Indians and PRC being the least desirable in the locals eyes (Again, xenophobia and racism). For anyone but the very best qualified non-local applications, Winter is Coming.

(Sorry, did it again!)

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:24 am

zzm9980 wrote:

(Sorry, punlol)

(Sorry, did it again!)
Not sure if some of the local companies did this, but some of my friends said that in their company (small local company, only 15 persons), there's only 1 or 2 Singaporeans plus 1-3 EP holders. The rest of them? PR holders.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:23 am

Yeah, this is where most of the flack and xenophobia is coming from, and it's understandable as well. It's a case of reverse discrimination and they don't like it when it's backfired in their faces, hence the blow up. It used to be, "Mandarin Speakers" only. Now, there are lots of "Indian" companies who have come in using the the Entrepreneur Scheme and they are bringing in all their 'buds' & relatives, putting them on EPs and such and only keep a minimum of locals on board.

I have a feeling, deep in my gut, that EPs are going to be subject to quotas next. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut intuition is usually spot on eventually, just a matter of when.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:52 am

I guess gahmen made the first move by changing the range of salary in each level.