Singapore Expats

Bringing DVDs and CDs to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 8:55 am

Hi Nakatago -

Thanks for your suggestion of ripping the discs, but honestly - even if I just took on The Sopranos, it would probably take me ages to get it all copied....I'm going to have to be sure my Kindle is completely loaded or I'll go nuts!!

I guess there's always iTunes - I can spend a small fortune and keep Steve Jobs' heirs living high on the hog....

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:06 am

Steve1960 wrote:I received the same sort of advice prior to moving here back in April.

However, the shipping agent responsible for relocating our belongings said that we should make a list of every title and that there would be no problems clearing through customs.

We shipped almost our entire collection of 100+ DVD's and CD's (although we did scrap a few illegally copied ones).

Reminds me of the mistakes my wife made when listing the titles.

Ever heard of 'K19 the window maker'? A double glazing masterpiece :wink:

And 'Best film of the year the Sun 18' I think she was reading the back of the DVD case for that one!!!

I did the same thing back in 2008, sounds to me like the OP's removal company don't know what they're talking about
I HAVE MASTERS!

elspike

Post by elspike » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 1:32 pm

We shipped our entire DVD collection over as part of the move. As far as I know it was never looked at. We have 100% legally purchased DVDs and they were all shipped in plastic drawers in paper sleeves (we convert all our dvds to digital and keep the originals and original covers for proof of ownership).

I wouldn't be too stressed about it.