Singapore Expats Forum

Chance for PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nathan99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2012

Postby nathan99 » Sun, 02 Sep 2012 9:22 pm

My first post, been lurking for a while in this forum. Aside from income levels, we're aware of nationality issues in securing PR. Anyway, here goes:

1. Nationality - Filipino
2. Myself - $210K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 3+ years
3. Wife - $144K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 6+ months
4. Children - 2 boys
5. Education - MBA for myself in Phils, university degree for my wife
6. Age - both 37 years old

With my wife finally getting a good job, we feel that we have a good chance of being granted PR. I could've applied earlier before the elections but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. Nevertheless, we know that the odds are heavily against Filipinos so should we already apply early next year or wait some more?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:09 pm

You have every thing on your side except nationality. Frankly, go ahead and apply. The worse that they can do is say you are welcome to stay here on EP's as long as you can. Anything better than that is probably time oriented and that will at least leave you with possibilities. If you get the former, at least you know where you stand for the making of future plans. Either way, you win. Being in the dark is the pits though. Go for it.

nathan99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2012

Postby nathan99 » Sun, 02 Sep 2012 11:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have every thing on your side except nationality. Frankly, go ahead and apply. The worse that they can do is say you are welcome to stay here on EP's as long as you can. Anything better than that is probably time oriented and that will at least leave you with possibilities. If you get the former, at least you know where you stand for the making of future plans. Either way, you win. Being in the dark is the pits though. Go for it.


Thanks, but what if we didn't include our sons in the application? My wife is not in favor and she doesn't want us to possibly being blamed by our kids when they eventually need to work on their obligations.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 8:37 am

nathan99 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have every thing on your side except nationality. Frankly, go ahead and apply. The worse that they can do is say you are welcome to stay here on EP's as long as you can. Anything better than that is probably time oriented and that will at least leave you with possibilities. If you get the former, at least you know where you stand for the making of future plans. Either way, you win. Being in the dark is the pits though. Go for it.


Thanks, but what if we didn't include our sons in the application? My wife is not in favor and she doesn't want us to possibly being blamed by our kids when they eventually need to work on their obligations.


You have no chance at all without your sons on the app. That's the biggest red flag you could possibly raise.

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:26 am

nathan99 wrote:My first post, been lurking for a while in this forum. Aside from income levels, we're aware of nationality issues in securing PR. Anyway, here goes:

1. Nationality - Filipino
2. Myself - $210K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 3+ years
3. Wife - $144K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 6+ months
4. Children - 2 boys
5. Education - MBA for myself in Phils, university degree for my wife
6. Age - both 37 years old

With my wife finally getting a good job, we feel that we have a good chance of being granted PR. I could've applied earlier before the elections but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. Nevertheless, we know that the odds are heavily against Filipinos so should we already apply early next year or wait some more?


With those income levels and not wanting to include sons, its very clear why you want the PR. ICA too know it, very well.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:13 pm

revhappy is spot on. May as well save your energy. But I'm pretty sure you already knew the answer to that one. :-|

nathan99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2012

Postby nathan99 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 9:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:revhappy is spot on. May as well save your energy. But I'm pretty sure you already knew the answer to that one. :-|


Then we will apply only if we decide to include our sons. Thanks to all!

User avatar
AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun, 05 Jun 2011

Postby AndrewV » Tue, 04 Sep 2012 8:45 pm

nathan99 wrote:My first post, been lurking for a while in this forum. Aside from income levels, we're aware of nationality issues in securing PR. Anyway, here goes:

1. Nationality - Filipino
2. Myself - $210K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 3+ years
3. Wife - $144K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 6+ months
4. Children - 2 boys
5. Education - MBA for myself in Phils, university degree for my wife
6. Age - both 37 years old

With my wife finally getting a good job, we feel that we have a good chance of being granted PR. I could've applied earlier before the elections but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. Nevertheless, we know that the odds are heavily against Filipinos so should we already apply early next year or wait some more?


i'm very curious to know the industry that you and your wife are in :)
that's an excellent package

nathan99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 01 Sep 2012

Postby nathan99 » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 8:21 am

AndrewV wrote:
nathan99 wrote:My first post, been lurking for a while in this forum. Aside from income levels, we're aware of nationality issues in securing PR. Anyway, here goes:

1. Nationality - Filipino
2. Myself - $210K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 3+ years
3. Wife - $144K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 6+ months
4. Children - 2 boys
5. Education - MBA for myself in Phils, university degree for my wife
6. Age - both 37 years old

With my wife finally getting a good job, we feel that we have a good chance of being granted PR. I could've applied earlier before the elections but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. Nevertheless, we know that the odds are heavily against Filipinos so should we already apply early next year or wait some more?


i'm very curious to know the industry that you and your wife are in :)
that's an excellent package


I'm into commodities and my wife is a financial controller.

User avatar
AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun, 05 Jun 2011

Postby AndrewV » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:24 am

nathan99 wrote:
AndrewV wrote:
nathan99 wrote:My first post, been lurking for a while in this forum. Aside from income levels, we're aware of nationality issues in securing PR. Anyway, here goes:

1. Nationality - Filipino
2. Myself - $210K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 3+ years
3. Wife - $144K p.a. (local package); manager in MNC for 6+ months
4. Children - 2 boys
5. Education - MBA for myself in Phils, university degree for my wife
6. Age - both 37 years old

With my wife finally getting a good job, we feel that we have a good chance of being granted PR. I could've applied earlier before the elections but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. Nevertheless, we know that the odds are heavily against Filipinos so should we already apply early next year or wait some more?


i'm very curious to know the industry that you and your wife are in :)
that's an excellent package


I'm into commodities and my wife is a financial controller.

so you're a commodity trader? no wonder it's such an attractive package.
congrats :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest