Singapore Expats Forum

where is that thread

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Kimy

where is that thread

Postby Kimy » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:04 pm

I thought there was a thread here from someone about difficulty being hired in the 40s age group... where is it? I was going to go back to read it but cant find it..

success4u

Hi Kimy

Postby success4u » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 1:30 pm

I was the last person who wrote in not sure why the thread is gone now. Anyway, I heard the same thing from my friends in their 40s. Basically, the window of opportunity either shrink or shut all together. One of my friend were invited for interviews, instead of appreciating his experience and what he can offer, he was humiliated and told that someone younger are cheaper why should the company employ him. I am not whether the interviewer are sick or plain unprofessional. Either way, no matter what, sooner or latter we'll be "retrenched" and replace by a lower cost employee. or the company will just move operation to somewhere else. I am going to be 40 in couple of years, so I am not sitting around to wait until the company tells me the bad news. I am very lucky to have found a very rare jewel in networking company. I have never seen such a generous company. It is kind of embarrasing to say but this company is so much better than the MNC multi billion dollar company that I am working for right now. I shared what I found in a new thread "Rare jewel in MLM industry".

Kimy

Moderators, are you all out there?

Postby Kimy » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 2:17 pm

Could the moderators please tell us why the thread on the issues of 40s having diffculty being unemployed was removed?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 5:37 pm

Hi Kimy - I don't think it was.

There is a lot of traffic on the board and if no-one posts on a particular thread it sinks to the bottom and onto archive pages.

Try a search...

Kimy

Postby Kimy » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 1:34 pm

Bafana wrote:Hi Kimy - I don't think it was.

There is a lot of traffic on the board and if no-one posts on a particular thread it sinks to the bottom and onto archive pages.

Try a search...

Did a search and also looked at the bottom even before u suggested. the thread was posted just last week, i.e. in December, there hasnt been that much traffic bec the date of the posts in the bottom are November... WHERE IS THE THREAD? I didnt know that the topic of being in the 40s and having problems getting a job was such a 'sensitive' topic that it had to be removed! Whats going on?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 1:39 pm

Well I did not delete it.

Did it contain anything like advertisement as it would have been moved to the classified section?

Anyway, sorry you can't find your thread :?

Why don't you just start a new one in case some other moderator deleted it by accident :D

Kimy

Postby Kimy » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 3:22 pm

Bafana wrote:Well I did not delete it.

Did it contain anything like advertisement as it would have been moved to the classified section?

Anyway, sorry you can't find your thread :?

Why don't you just start a new one in case some other moderator deleted it by accident :D

Its not My thread.. some other person started it talking about issues of finding it hard to get a job and someone else also wrote in and i wanted to read their points cos i had much to say too and to share and ask qstns... there was nothing there to advertise about anything and it certainly was not inflammatory in anyway,,, cos i have seen some of THAT kind of stuff here.. no that post was pretty tame...

why doesnt the 'other' moderator who removed it just own up to it and say why he/she did it?????