Singapore Expats Forum

New in SG, just out of the 20s club, party my place on 8 Aug

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 9:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If you have browsed the board for a bit, in this particular forum, you will notice that every time a female come to town, she is inundated with Indian come-ons even though the girl specifies female company only. If they can't follow that simple hint, you think putting out a free party welcome is going to slow 'em down. (even giving your address to one forum member could translate to several dozen uninvited guests.)

Wow, I saw that at another thread in this sub-forum...I thought it was just that one or two guys...yikes...

I mean seriously, what are they thinking? (No, seriously I wanna know some speculations on what's on their minds...were they thinking they could hit on and get a girl or sumthin?)

So, with that in mind, they are just giving you a helpful warning. The last time some poor sod tried that a couple of years ago, (2 or 3, can't quite remember) he put on open invitation on this forum for a poolside BBQ/party trying to get a friendly mix of people (the condo was somewhere behind Mt Elizabeth Hospital if I remember correctly). He did. Over one hundred people showed up, all males and all from, you guessed it., India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh all looking for free booze and free food. No girls turned up I don't think. They learn fast here.

Err...is this what you're warning me about JR8? Well now I understand the danger -_-"
Last edited by Akimbo on Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:17 pm

manan_sagar wrote:Oh and v4jr4, you can go watch Batman on the 8th.

Nah, I'm good. I've watched The Dark Knight Rises, and will watch the Batman Begins again *going 2 steps back*

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:18 pm

Akimbo wrote:
If you have browsed the board for a bit, in this particular forum, you will notice that every time a female come to town, she is inundated with Indian come-ons even though the girl specifies female company only. If they can't follow that simple hint, you think putting out a free party welcome is going to slow 'em down. (even giving your address to one forum member could translate to several dozen uninvited guests.)

Wow, I saw that at another thread in this sub-forum...I thought it was just that one or two guys...yikes...

I mean seriously, what are they thinking? (No, seriously I wanna know some speculations on what's on their minds...were they thinking they could hit on and get a girl or sumthin?)

So, with that in mind, they are just giving you a helpful warning. The last time some poor sod tried that a couple of years ago, (2 or 3, can't quite remember) he put on open invitation on this forum for a poolside BBQ/party trying to get a friendly mix of people (the condo was somewhere behind Mt Elizabeth Hospital if I remember correctly). He did. Over one hundred people showed up, all males and all from, you guessed it., India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh all looking for free booze and free food. No girls turned up I don't think. They learn fast here.

Err...is this what you're warning me about JR8? Well now I understand the danger -_-"

The mantra? "Free booze" and "free food" :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:21 pm

v4jr4 wrote:
manan_sagar wrote:Oh and v4jr4, you can go watch Batman on the 8th.

Nah, I'm good. I've watched The Dark Knight Rises, and will watch the Batman Begins again *going 2 steps back*

Why would you want to go 2 steps back? Just look back and see the smiling clown! The chick with the knife is far worse compared with that movie...

My opinion is TDK > BB > TDKR

Just didn't have that....connection with the movie, you know? I thought that it would be so good, it'd win Best Picture or something...but I didn't even love it.

I wished they did tie in the Comic-Con Man of Steel teaser trailer with the movie though... :p
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:26 pm

Akimbo wrote:Why would you want to go 2 steps back? Just look back and see the smiling clown! The chick with the knife is far worse compared with that movie...

My opinion is TDK > BB > TDKR

Just didn't have that....connection with the movie, you know? I thought that it would be so good, it'd win Best Picture or something...but I didn't even love it.

I wished they did tie in the Comic-Con Man of Steel teaser trailer with the movie though... :p

Cause I need to refresh again the concept of justice defined by Ra's al Ghul. Heck, Joker makes the best out of it. Too bad Bane is not working together with him :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:40 pm

The concept of justice by Ra's al Ghul?......meh, okay.

Just a gift for the little boy who dreams to become something greater than society intended inside of every man...a link to the comic con trailer that is way more heroic than the International teaser trailer that's already out in Youtube...

Comic-Con Man of Steel Trailer

Okay, this is getting way way way way OOT...sorry Manan, back to you.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:30 pm

Just to give you an example of what can happen here:

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1041 ... Threatened!

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php? ... e516c60cd3

You can be the judge - moderator

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:40 am

Well, if that's the case, let's wait for the news from MBS later

Darthcoder
Regular
Regular

Postby Darthcoder » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 2:57 pm

Why are there spoilers for Dark Knight Rises in this thread? :mad: :P
I am back I am back I am back I am back You know I am back. Everybody stand up!

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 3:01 pm

Darthcoder wrote:Why are there spoilers for Dark Knight Rises in this thread? :mad: :P

Which one? Batman is Bruce Wayne? :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 3:13 pm

I just made a reference of the smiling clown and the chick with the knife. How is that a spoiler? I saw an even worse spoiler on the same day it came out...once I saw the movie, I realized that the dude practically gave away everything.

I was just following Yahoo! topics, and saw that TDKR is releasing in Singapore that day, and so I opened the link. Read the synopsis, good, then I read the bottom for the user reviews.

The f*ckin' son of a b*tch gave a 100% review, and yet he gave away one of the most important plot in his review without any "SPOILER WARNING" warning at the beginning...

manan_sagar

Postby manan_sagar » Sun, 05 Aug 2012 11:11 pm

akimbo/moderator,
Thanks. Just very different to an open party atmosphere in London.
Will keep your advice in mind next time.
Anyway, I really will not have the same issue, as if I have not informed the concierge, the guys will be turned back from the door.
At the moment, I have 6 confirmed attendees, along with 4 other people I know. That is perfect.
Cheers
M

kumba7

Postby kumba7 » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 4:06 pm

I doubt if you are really from London :) You sound exactly the same like an India guy that I have known in my career previously... And to be honest, I think I would advise ppl to stay away from you, because the person that I knew, was a terrible host :)
Its easy to find bad ppl... Its tough to find good ppl :)

lecurly

Postby lecurly » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 6:22 pm

Wow people are pretty uptight. All ready to pounce.

Wolverine belongs on the big screen man, draw back your claws. This forum is all about good spiritedness and openness is it not?

emzali

HELLO

Postby emzali » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:57 am

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS FORUM.. I CAN SENSE SOME RACISM FROM THE MODERATORS REGARDING INDIANS... ETC...

IM NOT INDIAN BUT YOU NEED TO WATCH HOW YOU TALK.. SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND IT OFFENSIVE....

TOO DA LOO!